An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Commercial Manager to join Scitech based in Woking, with UK travel.
This is an excellent opportunity to join an expanding team in an award winning company operating in the UK and Belgium specialising in Pharmaceutical, Biotech and Life Science sectors, with a broad customer base including large corporate clients.
You may already be in a commercial role ideally within the construction industry, or a Quantity Surveyor looking to move to the commercial side of business, either way you will be a resilient manager who is used to managing multiple projects taking projects from conception to delivery.
As a Commercial Manager your duties and responsibilities will be:
- Provide a professional commercial service to customers from the bids and proposals phase through to completion of projects on site
- Drafting and negotiation of contracts and agreements with the ability to deal with disputes
- Establish cost assessments, plans and arrangements at various stages of the project
- Maintain change control arrangements
- Ensure the monitoring, assessment and recording of subcontractor progress and performance
- Oversee and take responsibility for closure of contracts and final accounts
An ideal Commercial Manager will have the following skills and qualifications:
- In addition to relevant experience in a commercial role or as a Quantity Surveyor, you will have strong cost management experience and the ability to analyse and interpret contract documentation.
- With excellent verbal and written skills, you will be able to influence and communicate effectively with others, working well as part of a team and ideally have experience of managing others.
- You will have good planning and organisation skills along with an ability to prioritise projects.
- With strong computer skills, it would be ideal if you were part qualified in RICS or CIOB and have experience in pharmaceutical, biotech or life science sectors.
- The role will require visiting client sites and hence flexibility towards travelling will be required along with a full driving licence.
In return for this you will receive a salary of £55,000 - £75,000 dependant on experience.
For an opportunity to join this expanding company please submit your CV online.
NO AGENCIES PLEASE
recruitx ref: 52851319 / INDHP
Apply for Commercial Manager
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly