IT Support Engineer – 1st and 2nd Line Helpdesk Support (AWDO-P2828)
IT Support Engineer with 1st and 2nd Line Helpdesk experience, required for a leading Specialist Vocational College based in London.
SALARY: £19,000 - £23,000 per annum
WORKING HOURS: 37.5 hours per week (occasional evenings and weekends)
We have an excellent opportunity for an IT Support Engineer that has experience of 1st and 2nd line helpdesk support.
Working as the IT Support Engineer you will report to the IT Manager and offer 1st line support as well as training to all users and assist in the maintenance of the network.
As the IT Support Engineer you will provide high levels of customer service for all support requests and adhere to all service delivery principles, continuously pursue service delivery improvements making recommendations and flagging any issues to the IT manager.
If this sounds like your ideal job and you have the required experience please send in your CV as soon as possible for our Recruitment Team to review.
Your duties and responsibilities as the IT Support Engineer:
- Offer 1st to 2nd line support to an expanding user group
- Maintain (create/troubleshoot/delete) user accounts for all systems
- Installation, configuration, maintenance of desktops and servers
- Day-to-day administration and maintenance of
- Network infrastructure
- Printing equipment
- Email system
- Telephony system
- Financial packages
- Backup systems
- Teaching and Learning systems
- Pro-actively monitor systems’ performance to meet the demands of the business
- Collaborate with vendors to discuss, analyse and resolve IT related issues and flag critical issues to IT manager
- Develop IT related training material and organize and deliver training to members of staff
- Maintain all IT logs and write reports as and when necessary
- Utilize the helpdesk system to log, respond to, and escalate all IT calls
- Write technical documentation
- Research and evaluate new technologies
- Process and track IT procurement
- Provide cover to other IT staff as and when required
- Transporting and set up of IT equipment including computers and peripherals
- Ensure the safety of your area by complying with all Health & Safety policies and procedures and reporting any issues to the Health & Safety Manager without delay
- Work effectively, efficiently and flexibly as an effective and committed member of the overall college team and within the department team.
- Manage work efficiently and effectively to ensure achievement of individual and team targets
- Adhere to all established systems within the department and implement any changes only as requested/authorised by management
- Provide clear feedback to management on either potential area for training not included within the curriculum or learners’ issues
- Ensure accurate record and data entry onto all systems as required by the department and management to enable accurate and full reporting
- Attend meetings as required to maintain knowledge and contribute to the improvement of services
- Attend any training identified by your line manager or management as required to meet business needs or professional development. Keep up to date in subject area and actively participate in staff development
- Assume other duties in keeping with the role that may be required from time to time to cover holiday or staff absence and have a flexible approach to workload/duties
- Educated to Degree Level in IT or equivalent is desirable
- Certified to MCP Level or other certification in key technology areas such as MCSA, MCSE, CCNA is desirable
- Previous experience of 1st line IT Support
- Experience of working within a college environment is desirable but not essential
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Offices (including Excel and Access), and similar databases
- Accurate data entry skills are essential
- Strong organisational skills, attention to detail and ability to work with a high level of accuracy
- A commitment to providing excellent customer service
- Self-motivated and committed to own personal development
- Excellent communication, written and numerical skills
- Ability to handle multiple tasks at any one time
- Ability to work independently or as part of a team
- Excellent time management and prioritisation skills, ability to work under pressure and to deadlines including dealing with difficult and stressful situations
- Ability to deal professionally with a wide range of people
HOW TO APPLY
To be considered for this job vacancy, please submit your CV to our Recruitment Team who will review your details. CV’s of Job Applicants meeting this requirement will be submitted to our Client for consideration. By submitting your job application to us you are hereby giving us your express consent to submit your details to our Client for this purpose.
PLEASE NOTE: CVs MUST be attached to your email job application in Microsoft Word or PDF format for our systems to process your application correctly, rather than your CV copied and pasted into the body of the email.
AWD online operates as an employment agency