Care Support Worker / Support Worker / Carer
Job Title: Outreach Support Worker / Support Worker / Carer
Positions Available In: Leyland & Preston
Salary: £7.20 per hour
Over the past 29 years our client has grown to be a major provider of support services in the region and currently have 700 employees. They provide support services in a variety of settings to people with disabilities including individual supported living, mental health service and employment, respite/short term breaks, registered care homes as well as extra care housing.
To provide high quality, person centred care and support, to the people using the company's services and to enable them to achieve positive outcomes which are important to them.
To support disabled / vulnerable adults, including elderly people to remain living in the community by providing care and support within the person's own home and / or within the wider community or in their place of employment, in accordance with their support plan.
Main Duties / Responsibilities:
- To support people with disabilities using person centred and enabling approaches to ensure that people maintain or maximise their independence wherever possible.
- To provide opportunities which enable people to become active and valued members of their communities
- To maximise the safety of the person supported, staff
- To complete and / or maintain accurate records relating to the person supported
- To ensure any needs from the health actions plans are implemented and kept updated, where applicable.
- To work collaboratively with families, other professionals and providers.
- To enable people supported to maintain their tenancies, home environment and promote good relationships with third parties e.g. neighbours, landlords.
- To support people with dignity and respect in order to meet their identified needs, as detailed in their support plan, including, physical support particularly in relation to moving and handling, personal care daily living tasks and administration of medication.
- To support people to access a range of opportunities and experiences, either from their own home or in a community setting, including adult learning, employment, social and leisure, assistive technology and IT skills, volunteering, employment and religious and cultural activities.
- To work as a team member,
To APPLY for the role please click on the APPLY NOW link attaching your full CV and further information will be sent to you by email.
IMPORTANT: Please read through this information carefully
Candidates with experience in ; Health Care Assistant, Outreach Support Worker, Care Support Worker, Support Worker, Carer, Care Support, Care Assistant, Social Worker, LSW, LSA, Support Assistant, Special Needs Support, Mental Health Support, and Support will be considered for this role.