Lecturer in Multi-Skills
We are looking to recruit a Multi Skills Lecturer to teach and assess on a range of programmes within the Faculty of Construction. The successful candidate will be working as a tutor to a group or working with a caseload encouraging student-centred, active learning and providing appropriate pastoral care to our students
Job title: Lecturer
Salary: Main Grade Lecturer B/C
Reporting to: Curriculum Area Manager - Construction
Location: Ore Valley Campus
Teach and assess on a range of programmes within the Department of Construction
1. Teach across a range of programmes as appropriate.
2. Act as a tutor to a group, or work with a caseload, of full-time or part-time students; encourage student-centred, active learning, provide appropriate pastoral care.
3. Attend Parents' evenings and other relevant activities as scheduled.
4. Act as a course leader ensuring that courses are planned and delivered effectively ensuring implementation of quality processes.
5.Prepare schemes of work, teaching materials, audio-visual aids, learning packages and notes, and prepare and complete accurate records as appropriate.
6.Contribute to the effective running of the Team / Department / College by fulfilling administrative duties as required.
7.Represent the College / Department / Team as appropriate; contribute to effective marketing strategies and liaise with employers and other external bodies if required.
8.Through the marketing & student services team, collaborate in initiatives between the College / Department / Team and local schools including interviewing students as appropriate.
9.Contribute towards the implementation of student action plans, tracking documentation, profiles, portfolios and records of achievement.
10.Contribute to the effective delivery of work experience programme for students.
11.Carry out other such duties as may reasonably be required by the Learning and Standards Manager and Head of Faculty.
- The post holder will be required to encompass the use of information and learning technology (ILT) as appropriate to his/her level of responsibility.
- Comply with, and implement as appropriate all College policies and procedures, with particular reference to Equal Opportunities, Quality, Health and Safety and Safeguarding. Take a full part in the College staff development programme including the appraisal scheme
This job description reflects the principal accountabilities of the post and identifies the level of responsibility at which the postholder will be required to work. In the interests of effective working, the major tasks may be reviewed from time to time to reflect changing needs and circumstances. Such reviews and any consequential changes will be carried out after consultation with the postholder
When applying for this role, please reference AoC Jobs as your application source when asked.