Functional Skills and GCSE Tutor
Job title: Functional Skills and GCSE Tutor
Location: Peripatetic (Based Primarily at Enfield)
Salary: GBP18,895 to GBP33,900 plus GBP1,909 London Weighting
Start Date: ASAP
Capel Manor College is London's only Specialist College for land-based studies and an internationally renowned learning resource for all those interested in Horticulture, Animal Management, Saddlery, Arboriculture, Floristry, Garden Design, Countryside and the Environment. Our aim is to ensure our staff enjoy coming to work, not only because they can make a difference to the communities the college serve, but because the College provides them with a great place to work.
We are currently looking for a Functional Skills and GCSE Tutor who will be responsible for delivering English/Maths to all students across centres. The ideal candidate will have experience in delivering Mathematics at all levels.
Main Duties and responsibilities:
- Contribution to teaching, administration and assessment of courses offered by the college (to include all centres in Greater London as appropriate)
- Preparation of schemes of work, learning materials, assignments and associated student support schedules
- Preparation of reports and statistics as required to contribute to the college's quality assurance and exam process
- Participate in the development, organisation and delivery of new educational and curricular initiatives undertaken by the college as appropriate
- Assist with co-ordination of all Learning Support activities when required
- Participate in and represent Student Services in enrolment and advice sessions, parents' evenings and student review meetings
- Undertake examination and invigilation duties
- Liaise as necessary with the appropriate course managers, tutors and learning support assistants concerning individual student progress and development. Work with colleagues as a member of appropriate course teams and in link tutor role capacity
- Ensure student discipline in all academic situations and report as necessary to the appropriate course manager
- Mark student assignments and examinations
- Assist students in finding suitable employment
- Attend School, team, student progress and other meetings as directed, and on a regular basis, and produce reports as may be required
- Assist in promotions, open weekend activities and other exhibitions
The successful candidate will be a highly motivated and organised individual, with excellent communication skills and an enthusiasm for the teaching and guiding students at all levels.
Required Skills and Experience:
- Relevant degree, or professional accreditation, HND or equivalent
- Teaching qualification (completed or in progress)
- Experience of working in an educational or training environment
- Experience of teaching Functional Skills and/or GCSE, particularly Mathematics
- Experience of working with learners with different learning needs
What's in it for you?
The college offers a unique working environment with a range of benefits including:
- Access to the Teachers' Pension Scheme or LGPS (depending on job role)
- Employee assistance programme
- Superb staff development opportunities
- Excellent annual leave provision
Hours: 36 hours per week, Mon - Fri
This post is subject to an enhanced DBS disclosure and barring list check as it is within regulated activity due to the college being defined as a 'specified place'. The College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff to share this commitment.
How to apply
To apply for this position, please click on 'Apply' and complete an online application form.
Closing date is 25 th October 2016
When applying for this role, please reference AoC Jobs as your application source when asked.