Assessor - Childcare
TITLE: Assessor - Childcare
SALARY: GBP23,000 to GBP26,000
Are you a qualified Assessor looking for a new position? Would you like to work for a progressive and growing organisation? Are you looking for a new position that hlps learners realise their full potential?
WHO ARE WE
Hart Learning & Development (Hart L&D) is a progressive, national learning and development business that helps businesses to improve and grow.
At Hart L&D, we encourage businesses of all sizes to think about how they engage with emerging talent across three distinct phases:
- The engaging phase is about businesses building a relationship with their future workforce, working with young people to inform and inspire them about careers in their sector and providing them with invaluable experience.
- The training phase is about how businesses attract and train young people through apprenticeship, graduate trainee and other programmes.
- The progressing phase is about how businesses retain and help their talented employees to progress in their business through e.g. higher level apprenticeships, professional development and future leaders' initiatives.
We deliver apprenticeships, traineeships, professional qualifications and apprenticeship levy advice to businesses of all sizes.
We are currently working towards an ambitious five-year strategy. To realise our strategy, we need the best people around. We're building an amazing team, all of whom share our passion, pace and commitment to helping businesses improve and grow, and getting young people where they want to be in life.
We are currently recruiting for an experienced Childcare Trainer/Assessor to participate in the planning and delivery of a range of programmes within the subject area to include short courses, full qualifications and apprenticeships. You will be actively involved and support the recruitment, sign up and induction of students.
- Staff Discount on courses to develop skills and further progression
- Pensions Scheme
- Discount at Busy Bee's Nursery
- Discounted Gym Membership
- Childcare Vouchers
- Employee Assistance programme
- Eye care Vouchers
- Opportunity to work for an progressive organisation
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Participate in the planning and delivery of a range of programmes within the subject area to include short courses, full qualifications and apprenticeships.
- Deliver consistently good training and assessment within the curriculum through an effective variety of teaching and learning activities.
- Carry out practical assessments, providing the relevant paperwork and record keeping in compliance with the awarding body requirements.
- Internally verify learners assessed work as required by the organisation and awarding body regulations.
- Be actively involved and support the recruitment, sign up and induction of students.
- Meet individual needs, accessing ALS support where needed.
- Coordinate all elements of apprenticeship frameworks to achieve timely success.
- Ensure high standards of Health & Safety at all times in accordance with regulations and Hart L&D Policy, notifying the line manager or appropriate manager of any risks.
- Comply with agreed student retention, attendance and success measures in line with key performance expectations.
- Undertake administrative duties related to the curriculum and individual students and assessors to enable outstanding outcomes for all students.
- Attending meetings within the college and external events as required.
- Undertake tutorials and reviews to monitor and support learner progress.
- Be able to travel to meet client requirements
- Be prepared to work some evenings as required
- The necessary skillset and experience to plan and deliver outstanding training programmes and workshops.
- A minimum of a Level 3 Childcare qualification with experience required.
- Level 2 qualifications in literacy and numeracy
- Assessment & Verification qualifications eg A1 & V1.
- Relevant teacher training qualifications preferred.
- The necessary experience, skills and personal qualities to develop outstanding relationships with both internal and external clients.
- The necessary skills to observe students / apprentices in their workplace, providing support and guidance to enable them to gain their desired qualifications.
- The experience to know when and how to make interventions to ensure student progress is successful and sustainable.
- High ethical and professional standards with the ability to engage effectively with internal and external clients.
- A sound knowledge of a range of IT applications including online portfolio systems.
- Strong communication, interpersonal and presentation skills, both written and verbal.
- An ability to identify commercial opportunities to maximise income within the department in line with the college's strategic plan.
If you are looking for a new opportunity within an organsation that is progressive and striving for outstanding please apply today.
When applying for this role, please reference AoC Jobs as your application source when asked.