Sports Medicine & Science Academy Administrator
Be part of our journey...
Permanent, Full time
Competitive salary + benefits
Southampton Football Club is a Premier League club competing at the highest level of professional football with a culture which promotes respect, unity, accountability, creativity and aspiration – this is The Southampton Way.
We look for people with integrity, compassion and support for those around them; people who take pride in what they do with an honest approach, who embrace a challenge while also being accountable for their decisions; people who have the energy and passion to bring an innovative approach to their role and strive to be different from the rest; people with the aspiration to lead the way and become an example to others.
At Southampton Football Club you’ll be given the platform to work in a vibrant, intelligent and challenging work environment with the potential to develop and become the best at what you do.
We don’t stand still, we are constantly moving forward.
What is the role?
This is a fantastic brand new opportunity for an experienced Administrator to work within a progressive Sports Medicine and Science (SMS) interdisciplinary team, providing administrative and secretarial assistance to the Sports Medicine and Science Administrator and SMS team. This exciting varied role will have a focus on supporting the medical administration for our world-renowned Academy ensuring Academy players’ files are up to date and accurate, organising annual screenings in line with FA rules, controlling Academy players’ daily drugs whereabouts, liaising with International teams and much more.
The successful candidate will need an understanding of medical terminology as well as the ability to become comfortable with using PACSMAIL. Flexibility will also be important to be able to support the First Team medical administration when necessary.
What are we looking for?
This will be a fast-paced and busy role with a variety of areas to keep on top of and therefore an enthusiasm for being organised and working to tight deadlines is essential. Previous experience of working in a medical administrative role is vital to ensure you can hit the ground running in this continuously evolving environment and maintain high levels of confidentiality.
It will be important to have a flexible attitude towards the unique football environment with the ability to remain professional in challenging situations. The successful candidate will have the ability to work efficiently under supervision, be calm under pressure, use initiative and be pro-active with an good knowledge of Microsoft Office including Outlook, Excel and Word.
The competencies which are required include:
• Experience of paid work in medical administration.
• Working knowledge of business administration and medical administration.
• Experience of working for a high profile employer.
• An understanding of a medical environment.
Qualifications (incl. certification) Essential:
• GCSE Maths and English grades A*- C (or equivalent) or proven experience.
Qualifications (incl. certification) Desirable:
• Certificate in AMSPAR Medical Terminology Level 2 or 3.
• Excellent communication skills.
• Good planning and organisational skills including ability to multi task.
• A strong desire and interest to work as an Administrator in a fast paced elite sports environment.
• Must have a flexible attitude towards the unique football environment with the ability to remain professional in challenging situations.
• Ability to work efficiently under supervision, be calm under pressure, use initiative and be pro-active.
• Good working knowledge of Outlook, Excel, Word and other Microsoft packages.
• Friendly, committed and hard-working team player.
• Understand and work according to Medical Confidentiality.
• Ambitious with a willingness to develop a career in Business Administration.
• Smart appearance.
What do you get in return?
If you are successful you can look forward to a healthy benefits package:
• A salary of up to £21,012 depending on experience.
• Two Season Tickets.
• 22 day’s holiday per year, increasing to 25 days after one full football season.
• Life Assurance Cover of 2x salary.
• Contributory Pension Scheme.
• Incentivised Private Medical Insurance Scheme.
• Child Care Vouchers.
• Free onsite parking.
• Discounted Southampton Football Club merchandise.
Please be aware that a criminal disclosure and identity check will be carried out for this opportunity.
If you are keen to undertake a new exciting challenge, please click on the link.
The closing date for applications is Sunday 23 October 2016.
Sports Medicine & Science Academy Administrator Ref: OLR 11798
Southampton Football Club recognises that the safety and protection of those children and young people in day to day contact with the Club is paramount. The Company is committed to creating a safe culture for all.
Southampton Football Club is an Equal Opportunities Employer