Assistant Plant Manager
Assistant Plant Manager
Farleigh, Surrey, near Basingstoke/Hampshire
C£40,000 + Benefits and Personal Development
Our client, Tamar Energy is a renewable energy company, focusing on anaerobic digestion and offers a range of composting services. Tamar Energy is building towards generating 100MW of renewable energy from their UK operations – enough to power more than 200,000 homes. To support their evolution a new and exciting opportunity has been created for a competent and rigorous Assistant Plant Manager for their fully operational plant at Farleigh near Basingstoke, one of the most recognised facilities in the UK. From day one you will be given ownership and accountability with the real potential to develop in this successful facility which generates 1.5 MW of renewable energy.
Your key responsibility will be to ensure maximum plant reliability and that best practises are followed through leading effective and robust preventative maintenance activities and measures. This is a practical and hands-on mechanical/electrical maintenance role ensuring plant reliability whilst leading the site team in operations in the Plant Manager's absence which will involve team leadership, deployment and control of contractors on site as well as remote monitoring out of hours.
- Develop a robust preventative maintenance system including identifying critical spares and controlling maintenance stock.
- Manage all daily activities of the shift team/leaders and ensure plant quality compliance by addressing all potential contamination issues.
- Develop and brief out risk assessments and method statements to shift teams on the plant.
- Support management on ensuring excellent relationships with suppliers for major plant equipment whilst promoting good working practices and positive relations with staff, local community and external regulatory bodies.
- Optimise plant operations and process equipment performance, uptime, and quality of outputs and any resolution of technical problems, in line with safety and environmental standards.
- Manage and champion on daily health, safety, environmental and compliance concerns on the plant including plant housekeeping, coaching and educating team members in the importance of maintaining safe working environments.
- Support and assist the Plant Manager in achieving the Profit and Loss targets of the facility – Record and track plant performance and provide regular feedback on initiatives and improvements made.
- Ensure method statements and risk assessments are provided and reviewed prior to arrival on site and are reviewed and amendments made prior to contractor's arrival on site to complete task
Support Management on ensuring all material delivered to or dispatched from site meets the relevant standards, is fit for purpose and is done so in accordance with Site Permits, Working Plans and Company Procedures.
We are searching for a talented mechanical/electrical maintenance professional that is ready for their next career step into a new development management opportunity. You will be hands on and have an aptitude for problem solving back to root cause and the ability to implement effective countermeasures. Experience across working with mechanical/electrical/gas systems and fluid controls would be advantageous. You will aid management and manage the plant in partnership with your Plant Manager and drive optimisation and continuous process improvement plans. A full apprenticeship or higher education qualification in mechanical/electrical engineering is highly advantageous, although experience of both is a must.
Alternative industry experience and a recognised track record from one of the following could bring a new dimension of thinking; production process management, maintenance engineering management, automated recycling management, gas/oil power, water sector or process engineering. A will do attitude, inquisitive mind-set and excellent interpersonal skills with good people management expertise will hold you in good stead. Other behaviours include;
- Enthusiastic flexible group player with high expectations of self and others.
- Excellent coaching skills and the ability to engage teams and develop others.
- Self-starter - Able to work under pressure, on own initiative and confidence to make decisions and improvements.
- Analytical – Ability to analysis data and identify trends and provide solutions
For a confidential discussion to establish if this role is suitable for you, including salary expectations, please contact our lead consultant on 01327317705. No Agencies