Are you hungry and ambitious for more success and responsibility? Do you ever feel that your current role just isn't fulfilling or rewarding enough?
Well, in your new role as a Sourcing Buyer working with us, this can all change as we give you as much responsibility as you can handle.
We are a small close knit team that support each other like a family. You will enjoy working closely alongside your experienced colleagues to deliver and maintain the highest levels of customer satisfaction that the industry has to offer.
The main tasks of the job role will be:
- Sourcing new suppliers and products
- Negotiating competitive prices for products and services
- Active involvement in cross-functional teams to source special customer requirements to ensure the supplier can meet the expectations of the customer
- Purchasing of materials and services utilising MRP system, Long Lead Time form requests and/or E-synergy requests.
- Confirm orders placed and received by key suppliers and the goods or service is acknowledged for delivery within the time frame requested
- Ensure price acknowledged is competitive and ERP system is amended for any variation against standard purchasing cost
- Minimise invoice queries and supplier payment delays by maintaining system pricing data
- Maintain accurate system data for suppliers, lead time, pricing, due dates, batch sizes and cost price field for new items
- Build and develop good supplier relationships
- Co-ordinate the timely return of non-conforming items ensuring any costs incurred by Busch GVT are back-charged if accountable to the supplier
- Ensure that any documentation required with goods is requested and received from the supplier i.e. Certificates of conformity, motor certificates, operations manual etc. Certificates should be booked in where appropriate and filed on the network in a timely manner
- Pro-actively expediting the timely delivery in full to suit business requirements. Ensure everything possible is done to alleviate and overcome problematic due dates. Provide relevant departments i.e. Sales and Production as soon as possible for any parts which cannot meet business time frames
- Consolidating shipments where possible to reduce both transportation and transactional costs
- Assist the Senior Management Team with any suitable business tasks requested
- Involvement in monthly KPI verification of results and achievements
- Adhere to stated policies and procedures relating to purchasing, quality management and health & safety
- Identify any areas of concern and opportunities for continuous improvement and/or using 5S and lean principles
- Identifying any relevant training requirements and opportunities
We are looking for an inspirational individual to join the Supply Chain team to manage commodities in line with MRP and sourcing / buying to support business requirements. You will receive all the support you need from our senior management team as we work together to bring success to this department and the company as a whole. We work with a wide range of small and large corporate clients across a range of industry sectors, so the challenges are varied every day.
Sourcing Buyer | Buyer | Purchasing | Supply Chain | Sourcing | MRP
Additional Salary Information:
Matched contribution pension scheme , 25 days hols + Bank hols
As a Sourcing Buyer the following skills are essential to role:
- CIPS trained or equivalent
- Excel Proficient including all MS Office packages
- Negotiation skills
- Analytical skills
- Presentation skills
- Business acumen
- Cost awareness
- Technical procurement experience
- MRP and ERP knowledge
- Previous experience of leading a team or deputising for departmental head
Degree level preferable
Our Vacuum Pumps and Systems is one of the largest manufacturers of vacuum pumps, blowers and compressors in the world. Our products are at the forefront of vacuum and overpressure technology.
Our product range offers the largest selection of industrial vacuum pumps available in the world today. We can draw on more than 50 years of experience and expertise in vacuum system manufacture, and can provide custom-made solutions for any kind of vacuum application.
Our customers have always been central to our activities since the company was founded in 1963. Today, with 58 subsidiaries in 39 countries, we can provide sound advice and practical support directly at our customers' location.
In return for your skills we offer an excellent benefits package that includes:
- Competitive Salary
- 25 days holiday + bank holidays
- Matched Contribution Pension scheme
- Discounted Health Care Schemes
- Free onsite parking
- Life assurance
- Health care for work
- Tax efficient salary exchange schemes (Cycle to work and child care vouchers)
We also offer a world class induction programme, individual learning and development programmes and an annual awards evening.
All applicants must have the right to work in the UK.