New opportunity not to be missed! Norton Way Group has an exciting opportunity for an IT Manager to join the team in Letchworth, Hertfordshire. Joining us on a full time permanent basis, you will receive a salary of £35,000 - £45,000 per annum (subject to experience). Working hours are 40 hours per week, Monday to Friday between the hours of 8.00am and 6.00pm.
Are you a great with computers? If so, this could be the position for you!
Norton Way Motors Ltd is a multi-franchise Company representing Honda, Mazda, Peugeot, Suzuki, Nissan, Skoda & Kia in West London & Hertfordshire areas. The ethos behind Norton Way is focused on providing excellent customer service and 'being the best'. We recognise that all our employees are individuals and embrace the ideas and variety that this brings. Our policy is to employ a diverse and flexible workforce that reflect our customers and potential customers requirements and we aim to train every employee to achieve and deliver customer excellence in everything they do.
We have an exciting opportunity for a dynamic Group IT Manager to join our rapidly growing organisation with 400 plus employees, based in Hertfordshire and West London. This is a hands on IT manager role where you will be at the forefront of managing all aspects of the groups IT function, team and future developments.
Key Responsibilities of the IT Manager
- Liaise with all departments and ensure their IT requirements are met
- Maintain the Company email facilities, servers and drivers, installing upgrades as required
- Lead and support the IT department staff, including: the employment, induction, training and motivating of staff, assisting with any necessary disciplinary action, ensuring that health and safety requirements and legislation are met and ensuring that the best image is portrayed to customers
- To control staff holidays to ensure adequate available resources
- Identify and research improvements with regard to the Groups I.T. requirements
- Protect the company’s data from internal and external loss and threats through daily monitoring of backups solutions
- Maintain and install security patches and bespoke software on windows file servers
- Establish DMS and network users
- Provide first line DMS, Microsoft and peripheral hardware support
- Lead and support users regarding access of resources on all supported networks and software
- Perform network supervision and troubleshooting to isolate and diagnose common network issues
Experience required by the IT Manager
- A minimum of 5 years IT experience with 2 years in a management role
- Knowledge of the automotive industry is preferred
- Experienced in management of projects, system management and Prince2
Essential Skills required by the IT Manager
- Hands on experience in Microsoft technologies, Windows Server 2012 and Office 365
- Experience in Windows and OS
- Excellent understanding of Computer hardware and networking, including data cabling
- Outstanding interpersonal and communication skills
- Proactive team player with a can do attitude
- Excellent Administrative Skills
- To ensure work is carried out to a high standard and to keep within IT SLA Guidelines
A full UK driving license is essential.
In return we offer additional benefits such as flexible holiday, a child care voucher scheme, contributory pension scheme and our Norton Way rewards portal offering retail discounts across the UK. Employees are also given preferential rates on vehicle purchases, servicing and parts. We take great pride in our workforce holding a quarterly employee award to further recognise and reward our top achievers.
With excellent opportunities to develop and enhance your career, Norton Way Motors Ltd is the place to be. Why not click apply today to become our IT Manager – don’t miss out on this exceptional opportunity to join a multi-franchise company representing Honda, Mazda, Peugeot, Nissan, Skoda & Kia.
No Agencies please, if you are an agency please respect our policy of no cold calling.