Quality Manager – full time – £35,000 pa depending upon experience.
- 20 days holiday per year in addition to bank holidays
- Participation in non-contractual bonus scheme
GJD Manufacturing is an industry leader in the design, manufacture, and supply of professional exterior detection equipment, as well as IR & white light LED illuminators utilised in the intruder surveillance industry. Our strong and continuous growth pattern results from an ardent philosophy of producing consistently reliable equipment coupled with a dedication to after sales support.
Based in our modern manufacturing facility in the Heywood area, GJD Manufacturing is in the enviable position of continued growth. Over the past decade we have more than doubled in size, with plans in place to continue this sustained growth.
In order to move forward with our long term strategy, we are strengthening our internal support functions. The business recognises the need for a dedicated Quality role within the management team. The QM role will provide us with the necessary internal resource and skill set to move forward with our programme of continuous improvement and our pursuit of zero defects. With an ever expanding blue chip customer base we recognise that a full-time QM will help us meet or exceed regulatory compliance, quality KPI’s and other performance criteria.
What does the role of Quality Manager involve?
The Quality Manager will drive the continuous improvement of Product, People, and Processes, whilst ensuring compliance with relevant industry standards, customer specific requirements and legislative obligations relating to Quality and Environment.
Reporting directly into the Operations Director this position will assume full responsibility for all Quality activities and will seek to drive and develop Quality standards across all levels with a strong focus on QMS system and ISO accreditation.
The key focus of the Quality Manager role will be to manage ISO9001:2015 processes, achieving ISO14001 environmental accreditation; establishing Quality Assurance through best practise in production and supply chain and meet the requirements of Customer QA programmes.
The role will also have responsibility for managing and developing other staff in the Quality function.
Specifically, the Quality Manager will:
- Maintain QMS and ISO accreditation
- Ensure compliance with customer specific quality standards
- Develop environmental management systems and accreditation to ISO14001 standards
- Report on quality performance across all aspects of the business using visible KPI’s and monthly reports
- Identify and implement changes to improve quality performance
- Support product development process to ensure quality assurance is part of the NPI process
- Champion continuous improvement
- Support supplier development activity and undertake key supplier audits
To be considered for the Quality Manager role you will be able to demonstrate:
- Experience in the day to day management of an ISO9001:2008/2015 complaint QMS
- Lean Six Sigma knowledge and skills (5S, OEE, TPM, SPC, FMEA, 8D, DMAIC)
- Experience of implementing SPC, capability studies and Gauge R&R
- Experience of collecting, analysing and interpreting quality performance data
- Practical problem solving skills
- Good communication skills, with the ability to engage up and down stream
- That you are proactive and enthusiastic
- Strong influencing skills
- Professionalism and excellent organisational skills
- Experience and skill in implementing change
- Commitment to continued personal development
Desirable knowledge and skills include:
- Knowledge of ISO9001:2015 and ISO14001
- Experience of working with blue chip customers in a capacity responsible for developing quality assurance practices
- Experience of PFMEA & DFMEA
- Experience of producing SOP’s, control plans, and other compliance documentation
- Knowledge of supplier development
- Knowledge of environmental standards
- People management experience
- Experience of manufacturing
- Electronics sector experience
- A confident disposition with a passion for quality
- Degree/professionally qualified or equivalent experience
We can offer you:
- Up to £35,00 depending on experience
- 20 Days plus Bank holidays
- Bonus scheme participation (non-contractual scheme)
If you are interested in applying for this role, please submit your CV together with a covering letter to Alison Parratt
Closing date for all applications is 25 October 2016
Interviews will take place on TBC
Should we wish to progress your application further we will be in direct contact with you. If you do not receive a response within 3 weeks of the closing date then please be advised that the company will not be progressing your application further.
(NO RECRUITMENT AGENCIES PLEASE)