Do you have experience of working in a school office in an administrative capacity? Are you a good note-taker, fast at typing up reports? Have you been commended on your attention to detail and organisational skills? Then we could have the job for you!
We are currently recruiting for a School Administrator to work term-time only, 35 hours per week, at a school for children with Special Educational Needs within Wirral Local Authority. With a basic working knowledge of the School Information Management System (SIMS), candidates MUST have previous experience of working in an educational establishment, as you will be expected to hit the ground running and deliver a high standard of work in a fast-paced environment. We require an immediate start, and the post will continue until at least Christmas but may carry on into the new year and beyond, depending on the absence of the current postholder. As the successful applicant, you will have:
- Excellent administrative and ICT skills, including attention to detail on data entry work, and the ability to multi-task
- Previous experience of minuting meetings and an average to high typing speed
- SIMS experience gained from working in a school, voluntarily or paid, as well as experience with Microsoft Office applications such as Word and Excel
- Effective communication skills, particularly a good written standard of English
- The ability to work with high levels of tact, confidentiality and discretion
- A patient approach towards working with children and adults alike
This is a great opportunity to work as part of a committed supply team with a great reputation. Responsibilities could include:
- Handling face to face and telephone enquiries from parents and external agencies
- Assisting teachers and senior leadership team with data entry on pupil records and reporting
- Attending meetings, minuting and typing up reports
- Photocopying, post, filing and general administrative support within the school office
Our staff have a well-deserved reputation as being the best in Merseyside and as a reward for your hard work and commitment you will benefit from:
- a dedicated, professional and friendly specialist School Support Services consultant and a branch with 24 hour on-call facility
- competitive rates of pay paid weekly, which are fully compliant under the Agency Workers Regulations (AWR, 2011)
- commitment to your continuing professional development through free training
- 'recommend a friend' bonus worth up to £300
- the flexibility to work when and where you want through our network of branches
- being part of a highly respected supply team and developing your own reputation within it, especially through various rewards like 'Candidate of the Term'
Randstad Education is the UK Market Leader for recruitment within education. We have been helping teachers and support staff to find temporary and permanent roles in schools, colleges and nurseries for nearly twenty years. Working with over 2500 schools each week, our staff support over 135,000 children every day across the country, so we can find the right match for your skills. The Liverpool branch is one of the oldest and busiest in the country and has a dedicated team of consultants working across primary, secondary and SEN, and we now also have a dedicated section looking after School Support roles such as Technicians, Administration and Finance.
We are proud to support a diverse portfolio of schools across Merseyside, so even if this job or location is not suitable, we would still like to hear from you regarding your relevant experience, as we may have other roles available in schools, temporary or permanent, short-or long-term, full or part-time, which may be a better match. If your application is deemed to be suitable, an interview would be offered immediately and you could start working in the school soon after. Randstad Education is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and require all applicants to share this commitment. All applicants will be subject to an enhanced DBS check and UK eligibility checks, along with a full referencing process.
To discuss this in more detail, please contact Catherine Stockford, your 'School Support Services' specialist, via email or telephone at the Liverpool branch of Randstad Education.
Apply for School Administrator
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly