Do you have experience of working with large groups of teenagers such as sports coaching, charity work or drama workshops? Are you a recent graduate looking to make a difference in the classroom? Do you have or are you working towards gaining a Further Education or TEFL qualification and have experience of working with 16-18 year olds but want to work and gain experience within the younger years in secondary schools? Are you currently working as a Teaching Assistant and would like more responsibility? If the answer is yes to any of these questions then 'Cover Supervisor' work with Randstad Education could be for you!
On behalf of two north Wirral secondary schools we are looking for a cover supervisor who can work on a day-to-day ad hoc basis, but this can lead to something more long-term in future. Most days the work is a full school day, but on occasion you may cover just for mornings or afternoons.
Our staff have a well-deserved reputation as being the best in Merseyside and as a reward for your hard work and commitment you will benefit from:
- a dedicated, professional and friendly specialist 'Wirral' consultant and a branch with 24 hour on-call facility
- competitive rates of pay paid weekly, which are fully compliant under the Agency Workers Regulations (AWR, 2011)
- commitment to your continuing professional development through free training including safeguarding
- 'recommend a friend' bonus worth up to £300
- the flexibility to work when and where you want through our network of branches
- being part of a highly respected supply team and developing your own reputation within it, especially through various rewards like 'Candidate of the Term'
Our requirements for this post mean you MUST:
- have experience of working with secondary age children, which can be referenced
- be subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check (DBS)
- be passionate about working with children and young people
- possess the motivation to achieve and add value to the school
- be flexible, punctual, professional and approachable
You would need to be available to start immediately. This is a great opportunity to work as part of a committed team, providing a service to the staff and pupils of the schools. Responsibilities would include:
- being willing and able to supervise classes of 11-18 year olds, using strategies to manage behaviour in line with school policy
- delivering lessons from a range of subjects across the national curriculum set by a qualified teacher, with no planning or marking involved
- being highly organised and able to communicate effectively
Randstad Education is the UK Market Leader for recruitment within education. We have been helping teachers and support staff to find temporary and permanent roles in schools, colleges and nurseries for nearly twenty years. Working with over 2500 schools each week, our staff support over 135,000 children every day across the country, so we can find the right match for your skills. The Liverpool branch is one of the oldest and busiest in the country and has a dedicated team of consultants working across primary, secondary and SEN, specialising in specific areas such as Wirral.
We are proud to support a diverse portfolio of schools across Merseyside, so even if this job or location is not suitable, we would still like to hear from you regarding your relevant experience, as we may have other roles available in schools, temporary or permanent, short-or long-term, full or part-time, which may be a better match. If your application is deemed to be suitable, an interview would be offered immediately and you could start working in the schools soon after. All candidates will be required to undergo child protection and UK eligibility checks. Randstad Education is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and require all applicants to share this commitment. All applicants will be subject to an enhanced DBS check.
To discuss this in more detail, please contact Catherine Stockford, your specialist Wirral Secondary consultant, via email or telephone at the Liverpool branch of Randstad Education.