Assistant Warehouse Manager
Webbs have an excellent opportunity for an Assistant Warehouse Manager to join their team based in Wychbold, Worcestershire
Job Title – Assistant Warehouse Manager
Location – Wychbold, Worcestershire
Salary – Competitive
Job Type – Full Time Permanent
Hours – Average 39.5 hours per week. 4 weekdays plus alternate weekends.
Webbs is an award-winning independent chain of garden centres in the Midlands with a growing e-commerce business. We offer a wide range of quality products as diverse as plants, pets, food, furniture, clothing and gifts.
Our great customer service isn't possible without an organised, efficient warehouse team. We have created the position of Assistant Warehouse Manager to support the Warehouse Manager with the smooth day to day running of our onsite warehouse operations.
In addition to these responsibilities, the successful candidate will have specific responsibility for Transport (team of 3 drivers) and Despatch, working closely with our e-commerce team.
The successful Assistant Warehouse Manager will offer the following skills and experience:
- Well organised with an understanding of warehouse management principles
- Strong focus on continuous improvement and ideally LEAN management trained
- Experience of putting new processes in place to improve service, sales and/or efficiency
- Confident leader and able to delegate tasks, motivate individuals and improve team performance
- Excellent customer focus
- Administratively strong and IT literate
- Qualified FLT driver, happy to contribute in a hands on capacity
- Good understanding of H&S (ideally IOSH trained)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Experience of transport planning, knowledge of legal Transport requirements (OLAT, CPC etc) and experience of working with external couriers
Assistant Warehouse Manager - Benefits include
- Generous staff discount
- Life insurance
- Private medical scheme
- Pension scheme
- Free parking and uniform.
To submit your CV for this exciting Assistant Warehouse Manager opportunity, please click ‘Apply’ now stating your salary expectations.
This role is based in Wychbold, Worcestershire and is commutable from: Kidderminster, Bewdley, Bromsgrove, Dunley, Lincomb, Shrawley, Droitwich Spa, Fernhill Heath, Hallow, Worcester, Leigh, Whittington, Norton, Powick, Flyford Flavell, Feckenham, Stoke Prior, Alvechurch, Redditch, Studley, Hanbury, Alcester, Rednal and Clent.
This role may be relevant if you have previously worked as a Warehouse Manager, General Manager, Transport Planner, Transport Manager, Distribution Manager, Supply Chain Manager, Logistics Manager, Health and Safety Manager, FLT Driver, Transport Coordinator, Dispatch Operative, Warehouse Team Leader, Stock Controller.
Apply for Assistant Warehouse Manager
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly