Relief Facilities Assistant
1 day left
- Full Time
Before applying for this job, it is important that you read the Applicant Guidance by clicking on the attachments below. These explain the job role and the type of person we are looking for.
Articulate and confident, you are a natural organiser with the cheerful but determined manner required to get things done. You are helpful and have a flexible working approach, the type who would always try to resolve an important issue.
As Facilities Assistant you are key to the smooth running of our Council offices. Maintaining and setting up equipment for meetings, staff will rely on your efficient and friendly professionalism. Good knowledge of H&S is critical and you should have the ability to travel.
Grampian Police are Tenants within Aberdeenshire’s headquarters - Woodhill House. Due to the sensitive nature of the work carried out by Grampian Police, and to allow them to maintain the highest possible standards of honesty, integrity and professionalism, stringent background checks must be undertaken by them in respect of the preferred candidate and his or her family.
Location is Woodhill House but there will be a need to cover Gordon House (Inverurie) also at certain times.
This post has a minimum requirement of 1 reference. This must be your current or most recent employer.
Informal enquiries to Robin Garden - 01888 569241.
Responsible to the Senior Facilities Assistant, and in accordance with the shift system in operation, the post holder will assist in the provision of a comprehensive Facilities Management service.
There is a responsibility for the post holder to demonstrate a commitment to quality service delivery through continuous improvement for the benefit of the Service and the organisation.
• To ensure that all necessary security arrangements are effectively implemented in accordance with the Councils requirements. The facilities Team leader / Senior Facilities Assistant will provide guidelines in respect of the security aspects of the post.
• To assist in preparation of Committee, meeting and training rooms and any other parts of the building for meetings, exhibitions or special functions.
• To assist in the provision of a central mail collection, sorting and delivery service to all Council Services. This will involve liaison with property finance regarding individual Service accounts.
• To provide a general support service to all services with regard to the supply and transfer of items as necessary.
• Carry out minor repair and maintenance tasks as required.
• To provide occasional reception cover and associated duties, for example, receipt of tenders and logging of helpdesk calls.
• Undertake the duties of any other member of the Facilities management Unit as directed by the Facilities Team leader / Senior Facilities Assistant.
• To utilise the Council provided vehicle for tasks as required
• To carry out any other duties pertinent to the post holder.
• Academic achievement to Scottish National Level 4 or 5, Standard Grades or equivalent transferable experience and skills
• Current Driving Licence
• Relevant service industry experience
• Knowledge of security and health and safety procedures
• Ability to work as part of a team
• Good communication skills and pleasant manner
• Ability to exercise initiative and indicate a conscientious approach to work
• Ability to cope with peaks in workload
• IT literate
• Trade, ie Electrician, Joiner, Plumber
• Relevant facilities experience in an office environment
• Knowledge of Aberdeenshire area
Applying for a job with Aberdeenshire Council.pdf
Job Profile Facilities Assistant Pvarious 12-06-23.pdf