Before applying or this job, it is important that you read the Applicant Guidance by clicking on the attachments below. These explain the job role and the type of person we are looking for.
You should have a professional social work qualification and experience of providing a Care Management service in a local authority or other relevant setting. As well as holding relevant registration with the SSSC you should have excellent leadership skills and the ability to challenge discriminatory practices. The ability to travel across Aberdeenshire is essential.
This is an exciting opportunity to join us at a time of significant change that brings both challenges and great opportunities. The introduction of Self-Directed Support and the integration of Health and Social Care has the potential to transform service delivery and this post is key to success.
This post is regulated work with children and/or protected adults under the Protection of Vulnerable Groups (Scotland) Act 2007. The preferred candidate will be required to join the PVG Scheme or undergo a PVG Scheme update check. Where applicable, this post also requires an Overseas Criminal Record Check. A confirmed offer of employment and commencement in the post will be subject to the outcome of both these pre-employment checks being deemed satisfactory.
This post has a minimum requirement of 2 references. One of these must be your current or most recent employer.
Informal Enquiries to: Mark Simpson - 01569 768410
To have operational responsibility for the delivery of a social work (inc Care Management) service; ensuring quality, responsiveness, creativity, transparency and good management of resources.
• Leadership and day to day management of the team
• Professional supervision
• Quality Assurance
• Decision-making on priorities for service
• Financial management and monitoring of devolved budgets
• Health & Safety
• Multi-Agency working; corporate and representational duties
• Contributing to Strategic Planning
• Proven track record of post qualification experience in a Community Care setting
• Management of staff and/or Social Workers in training
• Experience of Multi-disciplinary work
• Professional qualification in Social Work
• You must be registered with the SSSC
• Ability to travel
• Excellent Management/leadership skills
• Ability to prioritise workloads
• Resource and Budget management
• Ability to work under pressure
• Ability to embrace change
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Commitment to anti-discriminatory practice
• Innovative and reflective
• Previous contribution of service development
• Work in performance management context
• Management experience
• Educated to Degree standard
• PQ qualification (Practice Teacher qualification, MHO training, PQ Award)
• Computer literate
Applying for a job with Aberdeenshire Council.pdf