Functional Skills Tutor
TITLE: Functional Skills Tutor
REMUNERATION: GBP23,000 - GBP28,000
LOCATION: South Region
Hart Learning & Development is a progressive learning and development business which supports businesses of all sizes to engage with and invest in emerging talent. We start with our clients' ambitions, plans and challenges in mind. Everything we do is about helping businesses to improve and grow.
Hart Learning and Development are currently recruiting for an employability tutors to develop and deliver dynamic learning programmes that meet the needs of learners and utilise multiple and diverse teaching and learning strategies. You will plan and deliver employability skills as required and deliver in a group setting to learners of varying abilities.
We a looking to recruit a function skills tutor due to growth and expansion.
- Deliver consistently good or better teaching sessions, incorporating an effective range of learning strategies that enable outstanding learning outcomes for all students.
- Co-ordinate Functional Skills programme for the Engineering & Construction centre Apprentices
- Lead of English Functional skills delivery for all Apprentices
- Maintain high expectations of students, working with them to raise their ambition and aspiration, ensuring they realise their full potential.
- Deliver an appropriate blend of learning opportunities, making effective use of technology both within the classroom and via online and independent learning.
- Undertake all aspects of student assessment including internal verification and liaison with external verifiers and awarding bodies as required.
- Provide both academic and pastoral support for your students, supporting them to achieve their destination ambition.
- Comply with the college's maths and English strategy, maintaining your ability to embed both subjects into your teaching practice.
- Work with colleagues responsible for both transformation & student services to deliver an overall student experience, which engages, inspires and prepares students for the world of work.
- Work with the Head of Curriculum and Quality and Innovation Centre colleagues to continually strive for excellence and improve standards in teaching and learning across the academy.
- Engage proactively with internal and external stakeholders to maximise opportunities for employer engagement in the learning process.
- Support college marketing and recruitment activities to attract potential learners and improve conversion rates.
- Person specification
- A strong track record of good or better teaching and learning delivery, whilst achieving high levels of student success.
- Experience of curriculum, course design and assessment that meets awarding body requirements.
- Up to date knowledge of safeguarding, equality and diversity, health and safety and child protection legislation as it impacts on learning.
- Good analytical skills with proven ability to use management information to identify issues and opportunities to drive quality and performance.
- Well-developed organisational, communication and teamwork skills.
- Hold or be willing to work towards, a relevant teaching qualification
- Level 2 Literacy and Numeracy and experience of using IT applications
- Hold a full UK driving license
If you are looking for a new role in an growing organisation please apply today.
When applying for this role, please reference AoC Jobs as your application source when asked.