Sessional Generalist Lecturer - HMP YOI Swinfen Hall
Milton Keynes College work in partnership with HMP/YOI Swinfen Hall and we are currently looking for an experienced Generalist Lecturer to teach a range of courses including Art, IT, English, Business, Employability, Customer Service and Retail. As part of our offender learning team you will help to cover a range of courses that meets the needs of the learners, prison and Milton Keynes College.
This is an exciting opportunity for a dedicated Generalist Lecturer to deliver learner success on a variety of courses. This vacancy would suit a highly motivated, innovative and flexible lecturer, with a can do approach to education. The ideal candidate will be passionate and creative, who can thrive working in a challenging yet rewarding environment. You will be able to offer a range of knowledge to our learners, to guide and assist them throughout their courses.
HMPYOI Swinfen Hall is a Category C Training prison housing both young offenders and young adults aged 18-25 years. The Education Department works closely with prison colleagues to deliver a range of functional skills and vocational training that help prepare learners for employment both upon release and within the prison setting. Courses include: English and Maths Functional Skills (Entry 1 to Level 2), ICT, Art, Cookery, Tiling, Construction, Plastering, Horticulture, Fork Lift Truck Operations, Business and Railtrack.
As a department we firmly believe in giving all learners the opportunity to gain new skills and knowledge to help them end their offending behaviour. We work with challenging learners and encourage them to deepen their own understanding, inspire them to achieve and develop their skill set. Our passion and drive as educators has been reflected with the department receiving a grade 2 in its last Ofsted inspection.
Hours: Variable hours sessional contract
Salary: GBP23.06 ph
- Hold a relevant qualification (level 3).
- Hold a recognised teaching qualification (DTLLS, PGCE, Cert Ed) or working towards a full qualification.
- Hold relevant assessor/verifier awards.
- Have Generalist teaching experience and relevant up-to-date knowledge.
- Have a proven track record of managing and supporting diverse groups of learners through nationally accredited programmes.
- Have experience of identifying, developing and sharing innovative and creative teaching resources
- Have experience of working with students who may have little experience of education and training (desirable).
- Have knowledge of current curriculum and accreditation developments within Further Education and specific subject area(s).
- Have the ability to teach creatively, adapting to the needs of a variety of learners and willing to explore new teaching and learning strategies.
- Have good IT skills and willing to develop further.
- Show accuracy and precision in written presentation.
More about the rewards
We offer a car allowance scheme "Just add fuel", but if you prefer a more environmentally friendly approach to travel we also offer a cycle to work scheme. As part of Milton Keynes College you are entitled to apply for an NUS student discount card with offers in plenty of local restaurants and high street shops. Child care vouchers are available and of course the option of being part of Teachers Pension Scheme.
More about Our College:
The College delivers the Offender Learning and Skills Service (OLASS) Phase 4 contracts for East Midlands, West Midlands and South Central, providing education to 28 prisons across these 3 regions.
We are a committed "safer recruitment" employer. We take extreme care in ensuring the safety and welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults. All positions therefore undergo a stringent vetting process to include DBS for all positions.
When applying for this role, please reference AoC Jobs as your application source when asked.