Programme Manager Functional Skills - HMP Bullingdon
We are looking to recruit an experienced Programme Manager / curriculum leader to enhance the delivery of our functional skills English, Maths and ESOL courses.
This is an exciting opportunity for a dedicated programme manager / curriculum leader to deliver learner success, through effective leadership. This vacancy would suit a highly motivated programme manager that specialises in English and Maths and has a positive can do approach to education and the success of their students. The ideal candidate will have experience and success in their knowledge area (English/ Maths/ ESOL) and experience of managing a team.
The Education Department works closely with our prison colleagues to deliver a variety of courses that help prepare learners for employment and positive community living upon release. Our team is predominantly a full time team which means that staff have the opportunity to build good relationships at work, support each other and share best practice. We offer a comprehensive site induction and regular training events for all staff to ensure that we address areas for development and are familiar with new initiatives.
We are on a positive journey with an enthusiastic and committed approach from both Milton Keynes College and prison colleagues, this has resulted in creating a rewarding environment not only for learners but for the staff team who play a key role in transforming rehabilitation for our learners.
As a successful candidate you will have:
- A degree or equivalent qualification in Maths or English.
- A teaching qualification (QTLS as appropriate).
- Assessor/Verifier Awards (desirable).
- Teaching experience of English and Maths or ESOL as well as employability and/or PSD, up-to-date knowledge of these subject areas and employer requirements.
- Understanding of the necessary employability skills required in the current UK economy.
- Evidence of providing high quality effective programmes leading to outstanding success.
- Experience of data analysis.
- Experience of identifying, developing and sharing resources focused on teaching and learning.
- Experience of working with students who may have little experience of education and training (desirable).
- Knowledge of current relevant initiatives within the Offender Learning.
- The requirement of this role is to work across the whole prison estate, on all wings where education is delivered.
Location: HMP Bullingdon OX25
Hours: 37 hours per week, 52 weeks per year
Salary: GBP28,373 - GBP33,654 per annum
Closing Date: 20th October 2016
More about the rewards
As well as having 35 flexible days holiday per year you will also get 3 additional days to be taken over Christmas and of course all of the bank holidays. We offer a car allowance scheme "Just add fuel", but if you prefer a more environmentally friendly approach to travel we also offer a cycle to work scheme. As part of Milton Keynes College you are entitled to apply for an NUS student discount card with offers in plenty of local restaurants and high street shops. Child care vouchers are available and of course the option of being part of Teachers Pension Scheme. For more about our benefits please visit the MK College website.
More about the College
Milton Keynes College deliver an exciting and varied curriculum in 28 of Her Majesty's Prisons and Young Offenders Institutes. We also have a successful Employment Academy model which works with employers and stakeholders to enhance our learners' chances of re-entering society successfully, to find employment upon release and to live fulfilling lives. The curriculum we offer is designed taking into account both the needs of the learner, external stakeholders and the local employment needs. We are proud of supporting our learners' successfully through education and 'Through the Gate'.