Learning and Development Advisor
WDH have an exciting opportunity for a Learning and Development Advisor to join us on a part time, contract basis (22.5 hours per week for up to 11 months), based at Merefield House, Castleford and earning from £17,761- £19,706 per annum.
Our Learning and Development Advisor will support managers and other stakeholders in the identification of learning and development needs, through the appraisal process and other communication methods. You will also develop and deliver effective employee development initiatives and strategies, to maximise the potential and contribution of all WDH employees.
The successful Learning and Development Advisor will have a CIPD qualification achieved through academic study or PGCE at a minimum of Level 6. You will have the ability to design employee development events, programmes and courses, be a strong leader and coordinator and will be experienced in networking. In addition, the successful candidate will be able to present information enthusiastically and facilitate group discussion or action, working flexibly at all times.
As our Learning and Development Advisor you will be responsible for the following:
- Specific projects or ongoing areas of work within the Learning and Development function
- Leading in the frequent review of systems and procedures in operation
- Monitoring, reviewing and developing the learning and development programmes and research additional schemes and areas of development to meet WDH’s needs
- Representing the organisation at external groups, organisations and networks - carrying out qualification assessment in line with awarding body requirements
- Undertaking any other duties commensurate with the grade and overall purpose of the job.
What can we offer you?
WDH is accredited by Investors in People, which means we recognise that our employees are our most valuable asset. Among the benefits of joining us, all new starters receive an annual leave entitlement linked to length of service, access to a fantastic Employee Benefits discount scheme, auto-enrolment into a Local Government Pension Scheme and the opportunity to request flexible working arrangements.
This is a part time role for 22.5 hours a week, for up to 11 months. You will be required to have a valid driving licence and daily access to a vehicle to travel throughout the district as required.
Closing Date: 24 October 2016
If you think that you would make the perfect Learning and Development Advisor then please click ‘apply’ today.