IT Helpdesk Administrator / Technical Support Assistant
Job Title: Client Support Assistant
Position: Full Time, Mon- Fri
The company's pioneering Customs duty management systems have led the way for the past 30 years, helping importers and exporters throughout Britain and Europe to increase efficiency, improve cashflow and reduce costs.
To provide technical software support to Clients operating the Ricardo Customs Duty Management system.
- Respond to client requests for support and technical assistance with their operation of Ricardo utilising the phone, remote support tools (Webex), and emails as appropriate
- Ensure that all client queries are logged on the Support site in as much detail as possible, and that the client is issued with the relevant incident log number
- Maintain a full and detailed live record of all client support related activity on the Company's in house Support Portal, in line with procedures, including finalising incidents resolved
- Discuss any incidents that cannot be resolved within 1 hour of receipt with other members of the Support Team to find a solution. If the incident remains unresolved after 3 hours, it must be escalated to the Client Support Manager
- In the event that a programming error or change requirement is identified, work with the Testing Manager to fully document the requirement so that a job sheet can be raised as appropriate and notify affected clients of the procedure followed and likely resolution
- Assist with data input and processing activities on Ricardo related to our clients' outsourced Customs operations, including progressing any problems or queries that arise, and ensuring all HMRC deadlines are met
- Perform software upgrades for clients as directed to ensure that clients are using the most up to date software version, and update the Support Portal accordingly
- Identify any clients that may require additional Ricardo training and notify the Client Support Manager accordingly
- Ensure that any changes to clients' systems operating platforms, details, customer set up and/configuration etc. are recorded in line with procedures
The successful Client Support Assistant will need to have:
- Good IT skills, including a strong working knowledge of Windows and Explorer
- The ability to communicate professionally both in writing and over the phone
- An analytical approach to problem solving
- The ability to produce concise and accurate summaries of work undertaken
- Loads of enthusiasm and self-motivation
- A strong team ethos
- Experience of client support and/or working within an import/export/logistics environment desirable.
Please click on the APPLY button to send your CV and Cover Letter (stating your current salary) for this role.
Candidates with the experience or relevant job titles of; Technical Administrator, Technical Admin, Technical Assistant, NOC Administrator, Engineering Scheduling, NOC Assistant, Office Associate, Team Administrator, Network Operations Assistant, Network Monitoring, Appointment Booking, Technical Support Administrator, Network Operations Administrator, Technical Support Assistant, Network Operations, Service Desk Support, Service Desk Administrator will also be considered for this role.