Location: Midhurst, GU29
Salary: Depending on experience
Job Type: Full-time
In the pretty Sussex market town of Midhurst in the heart of the South Downs National Park, The Spread Eagle is a charming English historic inn, retaining its heritage, yet providing every contemporary comfort.
We are looking for an enthusiastic bartender to provide an excellent guest drinking experience. The successful candidate will be able to mix and match ingredients in order to create classic and innovative drinks in accordance with customers’ needs and expectations. We have created a specialist gin bar at the hotel and it would be good if the right candidate has a good knowledge of gin.
Progression to Bar Supervisor and beyond for someone who shows the right skills base and attitude.
Responsibilities of the Bartender:
- Prepare alcohol or non-alcohol beverages
- Interact with customers, take orders and serve snacks and drinks
- Assess customers’ needs and preferences and make recommendations
- Mix ingredients to prepare cocktails
- Plan and present bar menu
- Check customers’ identification and confirm it meets legal drinking age
- Restock and replenish bar inventory and supplies
- Stay guest focused and nurture an excellent guest experience
- Comply with all food and beverage regulations
Requirements of the Bartender:
- Proven working experience as a bartender (1year)
- Excellent knowledge of in mixing, garnishing and serving drinks
- Good product knowledge, in particular of a wide variety of gins
- Computer literacy
- Knowledge of a second language will be considered a plus
- Positive attitude and excellent communication skills
- Ability to keep the bar organised, stocked and clean
- Any relevant training certificate
- Excellent company benefits.
- Live-in accommodation available if required.