Supply Chain Assistant
New opportunity not to be missed! JZ Flowers has a unique opportunity available for a Supply Chain Assistant to join us in Brough. The role is a full time, permanent position offering a salary of £20,000 - £25,000 per annum & Contributory Pension Scheme.
We are a leading producer of floral bouquets and plants for retailers in the UK and Ireland. Based just West of Hull at the start of the M62 corridor, with other significant operations in Spalding, Ireland, Holland and Miami, we carefully select and pack over 300 million stems per annum. We have a very fast paced environment, which requires working as a team and we aim to make our customers stand out, by taking ownership of the floral category with an innovative approach. We are proud of our team, who are all very committed in achieving our collective goals. We have experienced significant growth in recent years and we currently employ approx. 350 employees and have a budgeted turnover of £115 million in 2016.
Role Overview – Supply Chain Assistant
We have an opportunity in our buying team for someone who is looking to develop themselves and forge a career in procurement. Working with an existing team of two buyers in conjunction with our operational staff, this requires a constant focus upon flower stock levels, requirements and anticipated deliveries to ensure that we have the correct product at the right time in order to fulfil our customer commitments.
What are the responsibilities of the Supply Chain Assistant?
- Organise purchases and deliveries of flowers stock
- Manage stock levels across all sites and work with goods in teams and production to balance requirements
- Become a point of contact for liaising with our Dutch Buying Team
- Inform suppliers of quality issues and claims
- Purchase flowers from worldwide suppliers
- Purchase indoor pot plants
- Keep Purchase Orders up to date on our System with correct quantities and prices, adjusting these as required
- Monitor stock levels for shortages and excess quantities, manage levels of stock items to minimise waste
- Setup new products (flowers and plants)
- Organise samples for the design / account management teams.
What skills do I need to have to become a Supply Chain Assistant?
- Educated to A-Levels or equivalent
- Very good knowledge of Microsoft Excel
- Very good literacy and numeracy skills
- Ability to prioritise your own workload
- Excellent communications skills
- Work well under pressure and be able to demonstrate your ability to meet deadlines
- Keen eye for detail
- CIPS Level 3 or higher
- Knowledge of Microsoft Great Plains
- Experience with a buying environment and / or logistics functions
- Knowledge of Sales, Purchasing, Bills of Materials and Materials Replenishment Planning procedures and systems.
- Core Working Hours 7am to 15:30pm
- Tuesday to Saturday as a rule but some flexibility maybe required.
- Higher commitment from the role is needed at event periods (Christmas, Valentines, Mothersday and Easter)
- Own transport is essential
Why not click ‘apply’ today? Don’t miss out on this opportunity to join a leading producer of floral bouquets and plants as our Supply Chain Assistant.
Apply for Supply Chain Assistant
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly