Here at The Works, we are looking for a Store Manager to join the team at our stores in Llanelli. The successful candidate will receive a salary of £18,000 per annum plus benefits.
The Works have been putting the customer first, since we first opened our doors in 1981. We have established ourselves as a family friendly retail discount store, offering our customers an excellent service and experience, whether that's in one of our 300+ stores, warehouse, head office or online teams.
The Works continues to expand geographically, adding new stores to its network across England, Scotland, Wales, Northern Ireland and Eire and is planning to open 30-50 new stores a year. So, there is really no better time to join our growing team as our Store Manager.
Reporting to the Area Sales Manager, the role of Store Manager is to:
- Drive Store Sales
- Provide excellent customer service
- Maximise business performance
- Deliver excellent operating standards
Responsibilities of our Store Manager include:
- Lead by example, personally demonstrating excellent customer service, always proactively seeking opportunities to assist internal and external customers.
- Responsible for guaranteeing that the store creates a customer service culture, always putting the customers needs first.
- Communicate promotional offers and additional sales opportunities to the team.
- Achieve or exceed Sales Targets and other key performance measurements in the Store.
- Maximise sales opportunities through excellent product knowledge, make certain of tight controls on stock; demonstrate creativity and flair on the sales floor, motivate the people in the Store.
- Effective and efficient control of overheads and costs to the business including store budgets expenditure and petty cash.
- Responsible for controlling shrinkage in the Store.
- Ensuring that best practice is used across the Store to deliver excellent operating
standards, including Merchandising, Housekeeping, Promotional implementation and
- Manage the working environment of the Store and make certain that Company procedures and legislative requirements are adhered to.
- Ensuring that the Store operates Company systems and procedures within the Company.
- Be an active member of the Store/Area, supporting colleagues in other stores where necessary.
- Provide leadership and support to your store.
- Develop an effective store, whilst encouraging ownership of shared goals and objectives.
- Recruit, select, develop and retain appropriate Management / Store Staff.
- Be Knowledgeable of Company procedures and basic Employment legislations.
- Manage the performance of employees in the Store.
If you believe, as we do, in great service, and want the chance to get on and develop in retail, then don’t delay! Apply now to become our Store Manager.