Collections Agent / Debt Recovery Advisor / Credit Control
Job Title: Collections Agents
Salary: £16,000 - £20,000 plus bonus and benefits dependant on experience
Job Type: Monday Friday, hours between 7:30am - 9:00pm and 2x Saturdays a month. You will be working a core 37.5 working week.
Are you passionate about delivering exceptional customer service and looking to work for an organisation who are dedicated to making a genuine difference to the customers they serve?
If so, then we would love to hear from you!
The company is currently recruiting for professional and customer focused Collections Agents to work in their busy contact centre based in Portsmouth for an award winning financial organisation and The Sunday Times recognised "one to watch 2016".
Who they are:
- A multi-award winning Finance Company founded in 2007
- Europe's leading alternative lender providing ethical car finance to those who are declined access to mainstream credit
- They believe in the freedom of speech, ideas and innovation by those who share the same values as them - their employees
- UK's second fastest growing business and winner of The Sunday Times "Best Companies to Work for" 2014 & 2015
- As a Collections Agent you will be responsible for recovering outstanding debt from customers and ensuring appropriate action is taken on overdue accounts.
- As a team the objective will be to find the right resolution for the customer whilst handling customer queries, managing arrears and discussing and setting up of payment plans.
- This is the ideal role for a highly motivated and ambitious individual who has previous experience in a Credit Control or Debt Collections role to work in a challenging and varied role as part of the inbound & outbound call centre.
- Your main job role will be working on the company's in-house dialler system attempting to contact customers on telephone numbers which they have provided. You should be customer focused for this role; the company is looking for a "People Person" who will fit into the company's ethos.
- Working in the busy Collections team you will handle telephone calls confidently from customers experiencing financial difficulties.
- Work in close partnership with customers to understand their individual circumstances resolving any enquires or disputes in a manner that is sensitive to the customer's individual needs whilst managing their expectations.
- You will be able to agree and set up appropriate repayment arrangements, managing the customer relationship to facilitate the appropriate resolution in line with company policy and Treating Customers Fairly (TCF) principles.
- Negotiate with customers in difficulty on how best to bring their accounts up to date or agree a suitable repayment plan that works for both the customer and the business.
- Carry out full income and expenditure risk assessments and making repayment decisions in line with TCF principles, forbearance and the company's strategies.
Key Skills & Experience:
- A confident telephone manner with the ability to manage both inbound and outbound calls in a busy contact centre environment
- Excellent attention to detail and ability to work calmly under pressure and be polite and patient
- Ability to work in an extremely fast paced constantly changing environment
- Ideally a practical understanding of Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) Treating Customers Fairly (TCF).
- Collections experience ideally from within an FSA/FCA regulated environment
- Previous experience in Debt/Credit Collections/ Debt Recovery/ Negotiating payment plans desirable however we will consider those with experience in providing excellent customer service.
- Understanding of CCA, SOGA and FCA regulations would be advantageous.
What they offer:
- Full training Programme
- Attractive company bonus scheme
- 21 days' holiday pro rata
- Company Pension Scheme
- Discount Vouchers from your favourite retailers (High street, Cinema, Hotels, Travel, utilities & electronics)
- Childcare vouchers
This is a fantastic opportunity for a Collections Agent, Customer Accounts Advisor or Customer Collections Advisor who is looking to build their career with a company that is going places. The ideal candidate will have previous experience of debt recovery and negotiating payment plans via the telephone and applications will be considered from the following sectors: Utilities, Finance, Insurance, B2B, Credit Control & debt management agencies.
To apply for this role please click APPLY to submit your CV and covering letter
Candidates with the experience or relevant job titles of; Collections Advisor, Financial Services, Debt Recovery, Negotiations Officer, Negotiations Advisor, Finance Officer, Collections Officer, Collections Advisor, Financial Advisor, Customer Advisor, Negotiations, Collections, Debt Collections, Recovery Advisor, Collections Negotiator, Collections Agent will also be considered for this role.
Apply for Collections Agent / Debt Recovery Advisor / Credit Control
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly