HR & Payroll Assistant
HR & PAYROLL ASSISTANT
Location: One YMCA, Charter House, Charter Place, Watford WD17 2RT
Hours: Part – Time, (15 hours per week) some flexibility on working pattern possible
Salary: £7,427 per annum incl. Location Allowance (£18,569 FTE)
Benefits: Defined contribution pension scheme, Health Cash Plan, discounted nursery costs at YMCA nurseries, free gym membership at our health clubs
One YMCA is currently recruiting for an experienced part-time HR & Payroll Assistant to join our small, but busy Human Resources team, based in Watford within our central services office.
This is a new role, created due to a number of exciting changes taking place in our Central Services team. These changes include a move towards using an integrated HR & Payroll IT system with an outsourced payroll provider, coupled with ongoing development of HR work within the organisation.
Part of the Human Resources team, this role exists to ensure the accurate and timely processing of payroll information and HR administration to ensure our people are paid accurately and that proper HR and payroll records are maintained.
The key elements of the post are to:
- Providing a range of HR and payroll administration and support services, including personnel administration, administration of timesheets and transfer of information to and from outsourced payroll provider.
- Work collaboratively with key colleagues with the team and across the organisation.
- Act as the primary point of contact for staff queries around payroll.
Essential Knowledge, skills & Experience
- Good knowledge of HR administration, including key items of personnel information
- Practical understanding of payroll principles and processes
- Understanding of the sensitivities within an HR environment (especially in relation to confidentiality)
- Previous experience of working within a human resources / payroll / central services office environment
- Previous experience of payroll administration (either in-house or with an outsourced provider)
- Using an up-to-date HRIS
- Understanding of customer service and ability to translate this into an HR service provision (desirable)
- Recognised CIPD or CIPP qualification (CIPD level 3 or CIPP Payroll Technician) (desirable)