Front End Web Developer
Travelodge has a unique opportunity available for a Front End Web Developer to join the team in Thame. The role is a full time, 6 month contract offering a salary of £350-450 per day depending on experience. This is an exciting opportunity to develop your career with one of the UK’s largest and fastest growing hotel chains!
Founded in 1985, Travelodge is the UK’s largest independent hotel provider, operating more than 500 hotels and 38,000 rooms across the UK, the Republic of Ireland and Spain. Our total turnover is in excess of £500m and we employ almost 10,000 people.
In the last two years, Travelodge has undergone a significant change programme as part of our journey to achieve our vision of becoming the UK’s favourite hotel for value. A major £100 million modernisation programme has been completed and all bedrooms now incorporate a modern new look and feature the Travelodge Dreamer bed.
The job in a nutshell
Travelodge is investing heavily to improve the customer experience across all our digital platforms and bring our technology stack bang up to date. You will be joining a new and growing digital team and as a Front End Web Developer you will be responsible for delivering high quality responsive web experiences.
You will be expected to understand and follow best practices in Front-end Web Development and have experience with source code and security reviews. We are also looking for an enthusiasm for learning new skills and helping us to improve our working practices.
This is a great opportunity for the right candidate join Travelodge at a time of significant growth and investment in our digital products.
- HTML 5
- CSS 3
- Responsive Web Design (RWD)
- Continuous Integration Tools
- Stash / Bitbucket / GIT
What are the responsibilities of the Front End Web Developer?
- Enhancing Travelodge’s responsive web channel that achieves over 21m page views a month.
- Play a key role in shaping the user experience by developing new and exciting customer-facing features.
- Build reusable code and libraries for future use adhering to best practice security policies and development standards.
- Optimize application for maximum speed and scalability to wow our customers.
- Work in a small and highly focussed development team that collaborate, share and work within agile best practice processes.
What we’ll expect from our Front End Web Developer
- An expert core web languages including HTML5 & CSS3.
- Significant experience in creating beautiful responsive design pages with live examples to demonstrate abilities.
- Proficient understanding of industry standard code versioning tools.
- Experienced in managing cross-browser compatibility issues and efficient ways to work around them.
- Experienced at integrating with server-side code to produce dynamic pages (JSP and/or PHP).
- Good understanding of Web Accessibility and latest security coding standards.
- Good understanding of libraries and frameworks including AngularJS (Angular 2.0 desirable).
- Good understanding of asynchronous request handling, partial page updates, and AJAX.
What you can expect from us
At Travelodge, we are warm, straightforward and optimistic. We have a big footprint in the UK, but still a small company feel and you can expect quality and value to be built in to everything we do. You’ll have the support of a close network of colleagues and managers, and every day is different here! We want you to bring your personality to work and we love our diversity.
Why not click ‘apply’ today? Don’t miss out on this opportunity to join the UK’s largest independent hotel provider as our Front End Web Developer.