TITLE: Maths Lecturer
SALARY: GBP25,000 to GBP35,000
LOCATION: Stevenage and Hitchin
Are you an amazing Maths teacher who is motivated, enthusiastic and committed to the success of your students? Can you bring Maths to life in a way that students have not experienced before? If you have a passion for your profession and share our determination to be outstanding then we want to talk to you.
WHO ARE WE
North Hertfordshire College (NHC) is a further education college with over 2,000 full time students in the full range of sector areas.
Everything we do at NHC is about helping students get where they want to be in life. That means helping them to develop both the knowledge and skills they need to progress in their chosen occupational area, and the employability skills that we know employers expect of young people when they enter the world of work.
NHC is part of the Hart Learning Group which also includes Hart L&D, a progressive learning and development business that helps business clients of all sizes to engage with emerging talent, and the Hart Schools Trust - a burgeoning multi-academy trust which sponsors a small number of schools in our local community.
We are currently working towards an ambitious five-year strategy. We want NHC to be Outstanding by 2018. To realise our strategy, we need the best people around. We're building an amazing team, all of whom share our passion, pace and commitment to helping our students get where they want to be in life.
You will be required to teach GCSE Maths and Functional Skills to students studying on full-time vocational Study Programmes across the College.
- Staff Discount on courses to develop skills and further progression
- Pensions Scheme
- Discount at Busy Bee's Nursery
- Discounted Gym Membership
- Childcare Vouchers
- Employee Assistance programme
- Eye care Vouchers
- Opportunity to work for an progressive organisation
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Deliver consistently good or better teaching sessions, incorporating an effective range of learning strategies that enable outstanding learning outcomes for all our students.
- Maintain high expectations of students, working with them to raise their ambition and aspiration, ensuring they realise their full potential.
- Deliver an appropriate blend of learning opportunities, making effective use of technology both within the classroom and via online and independent learning.
- Undertake all aspects of student assessment including internal verification and liaison with external verifiers and awarding bodies as required.
- Act as a course team leader for designated courses, maintaining up to date student records and delivering against agreed student retention, attendance, success, satisfaction and outcome measures.
- Provide both academic and pastoral support for your students, supporting them to achieve their destination ambition.
- Comply with the college's Maths and English strategy, maintaining your ability to embed both subjects into your teaching practice.
- Work with colleagues responsible for both transformation and student services to deliver an overall student experience, which engages, inspires and prepares students for the world of work.
- Work with the Head of Curriculum and Quality and Innovation Centre colleagues to continually strive for excellence and improve standards in teaching and learning across the academy.
- Engage proactively with internal and external stakeholders to maximise opportunities for employer engagement in the learning process.
- A strong track record of good or better teaching and learning delivery, whilst achieving high levels of student success.
- Experience of curriculum, course design and assessment that meets awarding body requirements.
- Highly developed course team leadership skills, and effective implementation of quality systems and engagement with student voice as a driver for quality improvement.
- Up to date knowledge of safeguarding, equality and diversity, health and safety and child protection legislation, as it impacts on learning.
- Good analytical skills with proven ability to use management information to identify issues and opportunities to drive quality and performance.
- Well-developed organisational, communication and teamwork skills.
- A degree and/or professional qualification in a relevant subject area.
- A relevant teaching qualification.
- Level 2 Literacy and Numeracy and experience of using IT applications.
- Desirable- Experience of teaching either level 3 or A-level Mathematics.
- Desirable- Experience of teaching first year university (Level 4 HE)
If you are looking for a new opportunity with in an organsation that is progressive is striving for outstanding please apply today.