IT Helpdesk Analyst / Service Desk Support Analyst (1st / 2nd line)
IT Helpdesk / Service Desk Support Analyst (1st Line / 2nd Line), Salary: Up to £28k, Based: Peterborough
We have an exciting opportunity for an IT Helpdesk / Service Desk Support Analyst to work for a leading business services provider who are part of a global group. The purpose of the role is to provide 1st and 2nd line helpdesk support to internal/external customers, assisting them with hardware and software problems via phone, email or remote access / mobile technologies.
IT Helpdesk / Service Desk Support Analyst Key Duties;
- To maintain a high degree of customer service for all support queries and adhere to all service management principles.
- To take ownership of user problems and be proactive when dealing with user issues.
- To log all calls on the call logging system.
- Respond to enquiries from clients and help them to resolve and hardware or software problems.
- Maintain a log of any software or hardware problems detected.
- Support users in the use of Computer equipment by providing necessary training and advice.
- To allocate more complex calls to the relevant BIS Support member.
- To arrange and organise for external technical support where problems cannot be resolved in house.
- Carry out administrative tasks such as service ticket analytics/metrics, raising IT related Capex and purchase orders.
- Proactively identify root cause and common fault causes and propose remedial actions.
- Must ensure adherence to business and IT related policy and procedures (particularly security and SOX related).
- Previous Helpdesk IT Support (telephone support) experience
- Experience of using call logging software
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft based operating systems with emphasis on Windows 7,8 and 10.
- Experience with using and troubleshooting Outlook 2003 within a network environment (permissions, calendar sharing, delegation)
- Experience with using and troubleshooting Microsoft Office with emphasis on MS Word, MS Excel and MS PowerPoint
- Basic understanding of PC hardware set-up and configuration
- MCP certification would be desirable
- Thorough knowledge of Service Desk operations to include a good knowledge of IT best practices, industry trends and customer service
- Work in a team; diligence required; Capability to manage several tasks in parallel, to share with colleagues & report to management, to suggest improvements
- Experience of mobile devices an advantage (android and Apple) as is experience of MDM solutions.
If this sounds like the opportunity you have been looking for then please apply by attaching your CV.
Key words; IT Service Desk Analyst, IT Support, IT Helpdesk, 1st Line Support, 2nd Line Support