Lecturer/Assesor - Carpentry
TITLE: LECTURER/ASSESSOR - Carpentry
REMUNERATION: GBP25,000 - GBP38,000
LOCATION: ENGINEERING CONSTRUCTION CAMPUS - STEVENAGE
To realise our high ambitions for NHC, we want the best people. We want to hear from people who share our passion for the way in which education can transform lives and businesses - and who share our determination to be Outstanding.
We are currently recruiting for a Lecturer in Carpentry who will:
Deliver consistently good or better teaching sessions, incorporating an effective range of learning strategies that enable outstanding learning outcomes for all our students.
Maintain high expectations of students, working with them to raise their ambition and aspiration, ensuring they realise their full potential.
You will have a strong track record of good or better teaching and learning delivery, whilst achieving high levels of student success.
Have experience of curriculum, course design and assessment that meets awarding body requirements.
- Assess, guide and support students, both on site and in college, using a variety of methods to maximise learner potential. Work with students and teaching delivery team, to ensure that the curriculum is fully compliant with all relevant awarding bodies.
- Deliver dynamic outstanding teaching and training sessions.
- Support students to reflect on and evaluate their progress through setting personalised targets and the tracking & completion of paper based / electronic portfolios (One File).
- Implement quality assurance processes for one or more college programmes to enable consistency in assessments and quality in delivering teaching and learning
- Plan and co-ordinate the personalised learning plans and routes and destinations for each of their students
- To undertake such duties as may be reasonably requested by the line manager or any senior manager or Director.
- A Level 3 carpentry qualified lecturer who has experience delivering Industry standard site carpentry programmes ranging from level 1 to level 3.
- An A1 (or equivalent) qualified assessor who has experience of assessing on-site activities relating to apprenticeship frameworks.
- An experienced lecturer with an outstanding track record and qualified to DTLLs / Certificate in Education level. With a Level 2 Literacy and Numeracy or GCSE Maths and English Grade C or above qualification.
- An understanding of safeguarding, Equality and Diversity, health and safety and child protection legislation as it impacts on learning
- A strong team player who engages in team communications to ensure that all elements of student progress are effectively monitored and co-ordinated by the team.
- Organised flexible individual who prioritises tasks and manages their time efficiently.
- IT literate with experience in using online portfolio's
If you are looking for a change and would like to join us on our journey to outstanding please apply today.
When applying for this role, please reference AoC Jobs as your application source when asked.