Lecturer - Maths and Physics
TITLE: LECTURER OF PHYSICS AND MATHS
REMUNERATION: GBP25,000 - GBP38,000
LOCATION: STEVENAGE CAMPUS
North Hertfordshire College (NHC) is a progressive further education college with campuses in Stevenage, Hitchin and Letchworth. We deliver full and part time programmes in a huge range of sectors and occupational areas including: business and professional services; creative arts; engineering and construction; information technology; and, sport.
Our aim is to make NHC an Outstanding college by 2018/19. To get there, we focus relentlessly on the quality of teaching and learning across the college. We're passionate about the relationship between education and employers; we're fortunate to be part of the Hart Learning Group working alongside our friends in Hart Learning & Development to make sure that our programmes meet the needs of employers, to draw employers into the delivery of our programmes - and to secure fantastic work experience, apprenticeship and other progression opportunities for our students.
To realise our high ambitions for NHC, we want the best people. We want to hear from people who share our passion for the way in which education can transform lives and businesses - and who share our determination to be Outstanding.
We are currently recruiting for a Lecturer in Physics and Maths who will deliver consistently good or better teaching sessions, incorporating an effective range of learning strategies that enable outstanding learning outcomes for all students. Maintain high expectations of students, working with them to raise their ambition and aspiration, ensuring they realise their full potential. You will have a strong track record of good or better teaching and learning delivery, whilst achieving high levels of student success. You will also have experience of curriculum, course design and assessment that meets awarding body requirements.
- Deliver consistently good or better teaching sessions, incorporating an effective range of learning strategies that enable outstanding learning outcomes for all our students.
- Maintain high expectations of students, working with them to raise their ambition and aspiration, ensuring they realise their full potential.
- Deliver an appropriate blend of learning opportunities, making effective use of technology both within the classroom and via online and independent learning.
- Undertake all aspects of student assessment including internal verification and liaison with external verifiers and awarding bodies as required.
- Act as a course team leader for designated courses, maintaining up to date student records and delivering against agreed student retention, attendance, success, satisfaction and outcome measures.
- Provide both academic and pastoral support for your students, supporting them to achieve their destination ambition.
- Comply with the college's maths and English strategy, maintaining your ability to embed both subjects into your teaching practice.
- Work with colleagues responsible for both transformation and student services to deliver an overall student experience, which engages, inspires and prepares students for the world of work.
- Work with the Head of Curriculum and Quality and Innovation Centre colleagues to continually strive for excellence and improve standards in teaching and learning across the academy.
- Engage proactively with internal and external stakeholders to maximise opportunities for employer engagement in the learning process.
- Person specification
- A strong track record of good or better teaching and learning delivery, whilst achieving high levels of student success.
- Experience of curriculum, course design and assessment that meets awarding body requirements.
- Highly developed course team leadership skills, and effective implementation of quality systems and engagement with student voice as a driver for quality improvement.
- Up to date knowledge of safeguarding, equality and diversity, health and safety and child protection legislation, as it impacts on learning.
- Good analytical skills with proven ability to use management information to identify issues and opportunities to drive quality and performance.
- Well-developed organisational, communication and teamwork skills.
- A degree and/or professional qualification in a relevant subject area.
- A relevant teaching qualification.
- Level 2 Literacy and Numeracy and experience of using IT applications.
- Experience of teaching A-level physics up to A2 level or BTEC level 3 science or other level 3 BTEC as they will be familiar with project work and in course assignments.
- Desirable- Experience of teaching either level 3 or A-level mathematics.
- Desirable- Experience of teaching first year university (Level 4 HE)
If you are looking for a change and would like to join us on our journey to Outstanding please apply today.
When applying for this role, please reference AoC Jobs as your application source when asked.