Lecturer in Construction HNC
We are seeking to appoint a dynamic and self motivated individual to the role of Lecturer to deliver on our HNC Diploma in Construction and the Built Environment. This is an exciting opportunity to join an expanding area of the curriculum, which boasts continued learner success and achievement.
The successful candidate will be expected to teach the following HNC/D Construction subjects (amongst others):
- Construction and Maintenance of Buildings
- Design Principles
- Science and Materials
- Economics for Construction & the Built Environment
- Management Principles
- Computer Aided - design for construction
The successful candidate must:
- Academic Level 6 construction related qualification - degree or professional qualification
- Relevant teaching qualification (Cert Ed/PGCE) or willing to achieve within set period from appointment
- GCSE English & maths (A-C)
- Have served a full apprenticeship within Construction
- Have extensive industry experience within the Construction industry
- Have an in depth specialist subject knowledge of Construction at or above HNC level.
- Previous teaching experience at HNC/D level or above
The benefits package includes generous annual leave, membership of final salary or career average pension scheme, professional development and training, free on-site car parking, and other voluntary benefit schemes, including childcare vouchers and cycle to work scheme.
St Helens College is committed to Equality and Diversity and to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults, and expects all staff, students and volunteers to share this commitment. This post is subject to an enhanced DBS check
This role does not meet the minimum requirements set by UK Visas & Immigration to enable sponsorship of migrant workers. Therefore we cannot progress applications from candidates who require sponsorship to work in the UK.
Please note we do not accept CV's from recruitment agencies. Any speculative CVs sent to the College will NOT be considered.
When applying for this role, please reference AoC Jobs as your application source when asked.