Part Time (30 Hour) Care Navigator (Support Worker) Post
10 hours in Wareham & North of the county and 20 in Weymouth, Dorchester and Bridport area.
Salary: £18,500 pro rata
Benefits including Excellent & Certified Training, Childcare Voucher Scheme, Pension Scheme, Paid Mileage & Company Sick Pay (after a 6 month probationary period)
Availability - to start as soon as possible
We are very excited to be recruiting a Care Navigators (Support Workers) to our new Service.
You will provide expert advice and information, identify appropriate community assets to provide support, whilst contributing to the development of a vibrant third sector infrastructure by actively engaging with communities, charity organisations, statutory services and voluntary networks.
The Care Navigator will undertake asset based assessments and holistic care/support planning and co-ordination to provide supportive interventions to access care and community support in partnership with individuals and their circles of support and statutory agencies. Through timely interventions and care co-ordination, demand on statutory services to combat unnecessary hospital admissions, GP appointments and residential placements will be reduced.
The Care Navigator will also be responsible for the development of a team of volunteers to support the Care Navigators role.
For this role you must be;
* Person centred in your work, treating everyone with courtesy, dignity and respect.
* Able to work with clients to build a trusting relationship based on an equal and reciprocal relationships building on people's skills and strengths and tailoring the support identified to enable people to live a full and independent life.
* Able to recruit and support a small team of volunteers to support you in your role and extend your reach and capacity
* Developing positive working relationships with the local statutory, voluntary and charitable agencies to ensure that support is integrated and seamless, avoiding duplication, complexity and confusion to clients.
The organisation has a strong value base, striving to be person-centred, innovative, trustworthy, can-do and excellent at all times, so it is important that you are as passionate about these principles as we are.
The ideal Support worker will:
* Experience of working in health, social care or information and advice, in direct contact with clients, families and carers in a paid or voluntary capacity.
* Understand promoting independence through person centred planning to enable clients to achieve positive outcomes.
* Able to use initiative and think creatively to achieve client goals.
* Ability to recognize gaps in service provision and new service opportunities.
* Excellent risk management skills
* Be flexible and able to work shifts including evenings, weekends and bank holidays.
* It is essential that you are able to drive for this role.
If you choose to begin a career with our organisation, you are guaranteed:
* Competitive rates of pay and paid travel time.
* Enhanced annual leave entitlements, sick pay allowances and pension scheme contributions.
* Excellent and professionally certified training.
* Real opportunities to develop in your profession.
* Free health and wellbeing advice via a 24/7, confidential Employee Assistance Programme.
* Everything you need to carry out your role free of charge, which may include a mobile phone, safety equipment and other necessary technology, a uniform where applicable, and of course a nice cup of tea or coffee throughout your day!
* A company that is committed to its employees, valuing their knowledge, creativity and flexibility.
* The chance to work with amazing people.
If you are interested please call Sarah Smith Mobile: 07767 007581 and Land Line 01305 216231 on - or Catherine Hudd on 07767 003101 and Land Line 01305 216235 (do not delay as we will recruit the first suitable applicants). Your application will not be considered if you do not hold a full valid driving licence.
We are also recruiting to our bank of Sessional Support Workers, called Premier Crew. If this interests you please ring 01329 821935 for more details.
Please click 'Apply' to continue your application.