Young Adult Support Worker - Fantastic Training & Progression! (Car Drivers Essential)
We are looking for applications for the position of young Adults Support Worker in Macclesfield, Cheshire, Male/Female Applicants, Experience Preferred but not essential. Days and Nights
Would you make a fantastic Support Worker?
We provide specialist residential care helping young people age 16-25 with a range of complex needs including Autism, Learning Disabilities, complex needs this does include Challenging Behaviour. We have a multi-disciplinary team who provide positive therapeutic and behavioural approaches, to enable our young people to reach their potential. The Residential Home is set in a rural setting and when we visited presented a warm, friendly, homely environment with a really nice feel to it.
What does a Young Adult Support Worker Do?
You will build relationships with the young people, working alongside them as one of their key workers. You will learn about our individual's specific needs and help meet those needs in the most appropriate way. The people we support have complex needs which may include challenging behaviour. You will assist our individuals with daily living skills and taking care of their personal hygiene.
What are the hours of a Young Adult Support Worker & Benefits?
- Starting at £7.70 per hour
- Pensions, Discount Card, Free Parking, Funded DBS Application, Paid Breaks
- Days Shifts 07:45am - 20:15pm working on a rolling rota (includes every other weekend)
- Night Shifts 19:45pm - 8:15am working on a rolling rota (includes every other weekend)
- Free QCF Training and ongoing support
- Career progression opportunities are there for those wanting to progress to Senior Support Worker or Managerial Level.
What experience do I need to work with young adults with Autism as a Support Worker?
- No experience is necessary as full training will be given, although knowledge of Autism would be advantageous.
- A desire to want to make a difference to someone's life is essential
- Willing complete your QCF Level 2 in Health & Social Care
- A good understanding of what the job involves as the role can be challenging.
- The ability to work in a team.
- We will accept applications from Male or Female applicants.
Want To Apply? Not sure whether to apply? You have further questions?
Please click on apply and we will discuss the vacancy with you and answer any questions you may have before progressing your application.
Health & Social Care Jobs act as a Recruitment Agency on behalf of our candidates and clients, we specialise in permanent recruitment nationally throughout the Health and Social care sectors. We are experts in Domiciliary care, Elderly, Learning Disabilities, Mental Health, and Social Housing recruitment and have over 10 years' experience in the Sector, please visit our website www.healthsocialcarejobs.co.uk and view our testimonials to find out how we differ from other Recruitment Agencies and can help you with your recruitment needs.