Support Workers - Career Progression Opportunities
We are looking to recruit passionate Support Workers in Bristol to join a Residential School for young people aged between 8 - 19 years old who have complex learning and physical difficulties. You will be joining a school that maintain a stable, happy and caring environment with the welfare of their young people at the forefront of what they do!
As a Support Worker you will be providing care to children and young adults on a 1 to 1 basis, forming strong bonds to provide emotional and physical support through their education. This will include:
- Learning about each individual's specific needs to support them in the appropriate way.
- Assisting with daily living skills and support their education, alongside keyworkers.
- Encourage individuals with independent living skills and leisure activities.
- Take responsibility for the individual's personal belongings and their environment, encouraging them to be make their own decisions.
- Support relationships with family, friends and fellow pupils.
What experience will I need to be a Support Worker?
- Experience working with Children with Learning or Physical Disabilities would be highly advantageous.
- Ideally you should have a Level 3 in Residential Care
- A desire to make a difference to someone's life
- A good understanding of what the job involves as the role can be challenging.
- The ability to work within a team.
What are the hours of a Support Worker& Benefits?
- Full time hours, day and night shifts available
- £8.00 - £8.75 per hour DOE experience and qualifications
- Excellent career progression opportunities
There is on-going training and support available within our client's organisation, so if you are wanting opportunities to progress the possibilities are endless. So click on ‘Apply' to take the next step in your career.