Senior Science Technician
We are seeking a well-motivated and organised Senior Science Technician to lead a team of technicians to provide vital support for the provision of practical elements of learning from KS3 in all 3 Science subjects through to ‘A' Level. (A chemistry specialist would be preferable but is not essential).
The duties will include managing the team of technicians in supporting the preparation of materials, equipment and chemicals for lessons, mounting and displaying work, maintenance of relevant machinery and equipment, constructing science apparatus and stock control.
This is a varied role and would suit someone with laboratory experience and who is looking to develop their career as a technician.
The ideal candidate must have:
- The ability to line manage and work independently, as part of an effective team, demonstrating commitment and enthusiasm;
- Practical skills in all three science disciplines from KS3 to ‘A' Level;
- Excellent administrative and ICT skills
- Preferably 'A' level qualifications or equivalent in the Sciences
- Preferably have experience working in a school or professional laboratory;
- Have Health and Safety experience and training;
- Enjoy working with students and teaching professionals;
- Be prepared to develop their skills, undergo professional development.
In return we can offer you:
- A positive working environment focused on making a difference for young people
- Excellent resources and facilities
- An opportunity to learn new skills and access our varied continuing professional development programme.
Please email the school by filling in your details below for an application pack or telephone leaving your postal address.
Closing date: Noon, Thursday 20 October 2016.