Occupational Therapist (Full or Part Time)
Are you a Newly Qualified Occupational Therapist in Stevenage looking for an exciting opportunity where you can progress and make a difference? Are you looking for flexible hours, where you can balance your work and life balance?
You will be joining a forward thinking and unique residential service, supporting children and young people who have Physical and Learning Disabilities in the Stevenage area of Hertfordshire. You will be supporting individuals to live full and enriched lives, whilst expanding your skills and knowledge within a progressive company.
Our client is investing in their future and are planning for long term investments to develop their specialist facilities, which already include a hydrotherapy pool, sensory and animal therapy. They also are dedicated to invest in their staff and they offer long term career prospects and continued professional development in an enriched and fulfilling environment!
As the Occupational Therapist you will be supporting individual development and care plans and assisting individuals in accordance with their needs and wishes. You will have the following knowledge:
- Clear understanding of relevant protection procedures and health and safety procedures
- A thorough understanding of relevant medical conditions, terminology and medication.
- Sound knowledge of occupational therapy theory and practice relevant to working with children with special needs, and their families.
- Knowledge of the roles of other professionals in health, social and education setting.
- Knowledge of legislation relevant to Occupational Therapy, education and social care.
What will I need to be an Occupational Therapist?
- A recognised degree in Occupational Therapy and current registration of the Health and Care Professions Council (HCPC).
- Ability to demonstrate and commit to continual professional development.
- A strong desire to make a difference to young people.
Above all we are seeking a dynamic, motivated person willing to demonstrate a commitment to an evolving service. In return you will receive outstanding Continuing Professional Development opportunities and clinical support, so click on apply.
This Occupational Therapist job is based on the Southern Outskirts of Cambridge and could be commutable from; Royston, Duxford, Biggleswade, Letchworth Garden City and surrounding Hertfordshire and Cambridgeshire areas.