Grow with us…
Following a recent review of Property and Estates to align the Service with both Councils' Corporate Strategies, a range of full-time vacancies now exist at both Bolsover and North East Derbyshire District Council. The posts cover operational management of Facilities and Engineering activities within each District.
Bolsover District Council Vacancy
Salary Details: £23,157 to £25,674 per annum
Permanent - 37 hours, Monday to Friday
Location: The Arc, Clowne
Department: Bolsover District Council
Division: Operations - Property & Estates
Following a recent review of Property and Estates to align the Service with both Councils' Corporate Strategies this new post is now available based at The Arc, Clowne. The post-holder will assist in the design, construction and maintenance of drains, sewers, pumping stations, watercourses, culverts and any other civil engineering works and appropriate administration.
To be short-listed for interview candidates must possess the following:-
- Knowledge of highway pavement defects, their causes and remedies
- Knowledge of highway construction and maintenance methods
- BTEC National Certificate in Civil Engineering (or related discipline) or equivalent
- Proven relevant experience within Engineering or similar environment
- Experience in the use of Autocad or similar computer aided design tools
- ICT skills
- Ability to read drawings
- Ability to assist in the design and costing of works of engineering construction
- Ability to assist in the drawing of up of specifications and contract documentation for Municipal engineering works
- Ability to communicate effectively with a wide range of stakeholders including contractors and members of the public
- Ability to produce drawings using Autocad or similar, from information obtained from site survey or provided by others
- Organisation and planning skills and ability to work with minimal supervision
- Valid Driving Licence and access to a car
Our preferred method of application is online at www.bolsover.gov.uk
Alternatively you can request an application pack by firstname.lastname@example.org.
CV's will not be accepted.
If you do not have access to the internet contact us by telephone on our 24-hour job-line on 01246 242524.
For an informal chat regarding this vacancy please contact David Broom on 01246 217374.
Bolsover District Council is striving for diversity and welcomes applications from all sections of the community.
Closing date: 20 October 2016