- Full Time
Head Porter - £18,720.00 - £21,450.00 37.5 hours
Aspen Healthcare's Claremont Hospital has been delivering first class private healthcare for over 60 years providing a safe, comfortable and welcoming environment; one that we would be happy to treat our own family in.
We are currently looking for a Head Porter to join our team. This is a new and exciting role which we are introducing to co-ordinate and supervise the team. The role is full-time at 37.5 hours per week.
Some of the key responsibilities of this role will be:
- Acting as a point of contact for the portering team when on duty
- Inputting time sheet information onto the electronic timesheet system for the team
- Co-ordinating transport requirements requested of the department to ensure transport is undertaken in the most time efficient manner
- Producing a staffing rota taking into account holidays and shift rotation
- Operating general security of the hospital and ensuring the building is secure and any issues identified escalated and reported in a timely manner.
- Undertaking shift fire route checks, fire alarm call point testing, emergency lighting checks and fire extinguisher checks in compliance with hospital procedure.
- Assisting with water systems management to include carry out the running off of water and the cleaning and disinfection of shower heads.
- Medical gas cylinder management including ordering of cylinders, stock rotation and changing cylinders.
- Reporting issues where appropriate in a timely manner.
- Removal of clinical waste and sharps waste from hospital departments to external segregated storage ready for collection in compliance with legislation.
- Removal of general waste from hospital departments to external storage in compliance with local procedure.
- Carrying out minor repairs within individual capability following any training that is required.
- Undertaking basic decorating tasks.
- Carrying out a programme of cleaning extractor fans and light fittings and bulb replacement.
- Providing a courier service within the local area using the hospital vehicle.
- Undertaking maintenance checks on plant and equipment to comply with local procedures.
- Carrying out a daily check of the interior and exterior of the building to ensure cleanliness and tidiness of all areas. To carry out an agreed programme of cleaning and gardening and to maintain all tools and gardening equipment in a safe and tidy condition.
- To work within the portering team to provide cover 365 days 24hours a day.
Please see the attached job description for a full account of this role.
The successful applicant will have to undergo an enhanced DBS check.