- Full Time
Student Mentor (Pupil Premium)
FTE Salary range £19,939 to £22,434 (Actual Salary payable £18,509 to £20,825)
Fixed term contract until December 2017, 37 hours per week, 38 weeks per year term time, plus an additional 5 weeks to be worked during non-term time
Are you looking for a career in education in a good school with an outstanding Sixth Form? If so, this opportunity at John Port School could be for you.
We are looking for someone who is enthusiastic, energetic and pro-active to provide targeted support for our Pupil Premium students in this important role within our busy school environment.
Our Student Mentor (Pupil Premium) will:
- Have a sound knowledge of the strategies that can be used to enhance the academic performance of Pupil Premium students.
- Have the ability to work closely with teaching staff to understand skills gaps and plan clear frameworks for progression.
- Be able to create intervention plans for each Pupil Premium student, including setting clear and challenging targets.
- Be enthusiastic and have the ability to engage, motivate and raise the aspirations of young people.
- Have previous experience of working with young people.
You will have the opportunity to:
- Work with students to enhance their opportunities.
- Become part of a team of like-minded individuals.
- Work with colleagues who are friendly, welcoming and committed to ensuring every student receives a first rate teaching and learning experience.
- Receive full support for training and professional development.
Our school motto of ‘Big smiles, exciting challenges, bright futures' is at the core of school life. To learn more about our school please visit the school website. If you would be interested in taking advantage of this fantastic opportunity, we look forward to hearing from you.
To apply, please return a completed application form, which can be downloaded from http://www.johnport.derbyshire.sch.uk/Vacancies/Current-Vacancies-1/
Should you wish to visit our school, prior to your application, you will be most warmly welcomed.
Closing date: 0830 hrs on Friday, 21st October 2016.