DevOps Engineer (Permanent)
Based at Renfrewshire House, Cotton Street, Paisley.
The ICT Operations section provide support for approximately 11,000 devices and 20,000 users across the both our corporate and academic environments. The DevOps team focuses on infrastructure and application support.
As part of the DevOps team you will provide 3rd level ICT support, administration and development of the ICT infrastructure. It is essential that you have a relevant degree or are able to demonstrate significant relevant experience.
You must have a confident and customer focused manner. Broad practical experience of ICT technologies and the ability to develop technical solutions to complex problems, both independently and as part of our team, are fundamental prerequisites.
Currently we have a vacancy for an engineer with experience of the following areas :
• Administration and support of LAN and WAN infrastructures (L2 & L3 networking
components, dynamic routing protocols etc)
• IP telephony infrastructure
• Wireless controllers and access points
• Perimeter security (VPNs, firewalls etc)
• Performance monitoring of LAN and WAN infrastructures
• Windows and Linux server operating systems
• Working within an ITIL framework
• Externally hosted delivery models
• Working within a local government environment
If successful, you will be required to undertake a Disclosure Scotland check, the level of check will be determined by the duties of the post. If you would like further information in relation to the Disclosure Scotland checks, please visit www.disclosurescotland.co.uk
DevOps Engineer - Job Outline.doc