Cook (Fixed Term)
1 day left
- Full Time
Before applying for this job, it is important that you read the Applicant Guidance by clicking on the attachments below. These explain the job role and the type of person we are looking for.
You have experience of preparing, cooking and clearing food for large numbers and are willing to undertake food hygiene training. As well as being able to work under pressure with minimum supervision you also have the ability to work as a team member. Formal catering qualifications are desirable.
You will be required to assist in creating a warm and welcoming environment for clients.
This post is regulated work with children and/or protected adults under the Protection of Vulnerable Groups (Scotland) Act 2007. The preferred candidate will be required to join the PVG Scheme or undergo a PVG Scheme update check. An offer of employment by Aberdeenshire Council will be subject to the outcome of this check being satisfactory. The preferred candidate will also be required to provide an Overseas Criminal Records Check from other countries as deemed necessary. An offer of employment by Aberdeenshire will be subject to the outcome of this check being satisfactory.
This is a part time post for 15 hours worked over 2 days
For a period not exceeding 31/03/2017
This post has a minimum requirement of one reference. This must be your current or most recent employer.
Informal Enquires to: Clare Ogilvie tel: 01358 720378
To plan, prepare, cook and serve meals
To order supplies
To maintain hygiene health & safety within the kitchen
• Planning and preparation of meals and direction of kitchen staff
• Responsible for safe working practices within the kitchen
• Participation, as part of the caring team, in overall support for residents
• Ordering supplies through IProcurement
• Experience cooking in a commercial kitchen
• Good numeracy and literacy skills
• Understanding of the need to maintain confidentiality of people and the workplace
• Good team worker
• Good verbal and written communication skills
• Understanding of relevant legislation in relation to Food Hygiene and Health & Safety in the workplace
• Ability to work to timescales
• Enthusiastic and reliable
• Ability to use initiative and be flexible in approach
• The capacity to cope with physically demanding work
• Ability to work variable shift patterns including weekends, evenings and day times
• Willingness to undertake relevant training
• Experience with modern food preparation equipment
• Experience of catering specifically for people with disabilities
• Experience of menu planning, stock control and working to budgets
• Formal Catering qualifications
• Food Hygiene Certificate
• Awareness of the Person Centred approach in relation to Health & Social Care
Job Profile Unit Cook - Supervisor 2008-12-16.pdf
Applying for a job with Aberdeenshire Council.pdf