Field Service Engineer - Product Inspection - Midlands
Our client is a Global organisation, It is the largest provider of weighing instruments for use in laboratory, industrial, and food retailing applications. The company also provides various analytical instruments, end-of-line inspection systems and process analytics instruments. The company has offices worldwide with its main Headquarters based in Switzerland.
The Role - Field Service Engineer:
Working with their Service Team, the Field Service Engineer will be responsible for effectively and efficiently completing all routine maintenance, installations and breakdown service activities for a range of their products, their associated peripherals and accessories to satisfy customers, and enhance the company service profitability. Currently the range of products includes Metal Detection, Check weighing, X Ray Inspection equipment, Vision, Dimensioning and Data Gathering equipment.
The Field Service Engineer role will be home based, and ideally be living in the Midlands area of the UK. The Field Service Engineer requires regional travel; however there will be times when you will be required to cover all areas of the UK.
Field Service Engineer - Key Responsibilities:
- Ensure service is provided in a timely and cost effective manner
- Investigation, diagnosis, and rectification of breakdowns on customer equipment
- Routine service and/or calibration of customer equipment
- Promoting audits/calibration/validation activity for the PI Division product range
- Ensure that all work is completed in accordance with company current Quality Procedures
- Provide technical support to customers during service visits and subsequent telephone/email as necessary
- Provide first line technical help desk support to customers, admin teams and other sales/service team colleagues
What you will need to succeed:
- A minimum of a HNC in Electrical Engineering
- Significant experience in electrical engineering in a production environment, ideally gained in a service environment.
- Experience of Product Inspection and systems equipment would be an advantage
- A pro-active and enthusiastic approach which is customer focused and outcome orientated
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Ideally have experience working remotely on multiple customer sites in a service capacity.
- Knowledge or experience on PC based systems is essential
- Possess a full driving licence
What the company will offer:
The company has a Global vision based on three main statements
- One Team
- Global Reach
- Amazing Solutions
Our client offers a variety of challenging opportunities for talented individuals who like to move things forward and contribute to innovation. You will find interesting career prospects in such diverse fields as Service, Marketing, Sales, and Business Administration all within an international growth environment. As an organisation they have circa 13, 000 employees and continue to grow, their culture is open and friendly with excellent employee benefits.
Apply for Field Service Engineer - Product Inspection - Midlands
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly