Have you recently completed you’re A levels and now looking for Scientific Apprenticeship?
Are you able to work in Harrogate?
Yes? Then you have until Monday 17th October to submit an application, as we are holding our interviews on 20th October
Covance is a leading global drug development services company and we provide support to the Pharmaceutical and Biotechnology industries.
At Covance, we help make the miracles of medicine a reality. We offer opportunities to work on diverse, challenging projects with bright, interesting colleagues while building a flexible and rewarding career. This is your chance to become part of a team that helps to bring miracle of medicine to market sooner.
As one of the largest contract research organisations in the world, Covance is offering you a career “kick-start” through an Apprenticeship programme within several key areas of its “Safety Assessment” business unit. Here, you will get to learn valuable scientific skills in first-class facilities with insightful mentors and obtain recognised qualifications and gain the foundations to begin a flexible and rewarding career in the drug development industry.
There are Scientific Apprentice roles in 5 areas of the business:
- Clinical Pathology
- Dose Formulation & Analysis
- Animal House Operations
- BioPharm CMC Solutions
Responsibilities of our Scientific Apprentice include:
- Routine and one-off laboratory testing and perform a variety of technical laboratory based support;
- Work both individually and as part of the laboratory team;
- Work safely in the laboratory, maintaining excellent housekeeping whilst following appropriate safety, environment and risk management systems;
- Ensure the laboratory is well-stocked and resourced and be able to maintain good accurate written records of work carried out;
- Follow quality procedures to meet the requirements of quality standards relevant to the workplace; and
- Develop and apply your theoretical knowledge of relevant science and technology required for the sector and job role.
To become our Scientific Apprentice you must have the following skills and experience:
- A-level in Biology or Chemistry preferred but not essential
- Able to understand and follow instructions competently
- Able to work independently as well as part of a team
- Great attention to detail
- Good communication skills
There is no better time to join us! So don’t delay, click ‘Apply’ today to become our Scientific Apprentice.
Covance is committed to diversity in the workplace and is an equal opportunity employer (Minority/Female/Individual with Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity). Your confidentiality and privacy are important to us.
Apply for Scientific Apprentice
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly