Technical Illustrator - 3 Month
An exciting opportunity has arisen for Technical Illustrator to join GP Strategies Ltd (GPSL) based in Yeovil. This is a temporary 3 month position.
We are seeking an experienced Technical Illustrator with a background within the aerospace industry.
As a Technical Illustrator your main duties and responsibilities will be:
- Produce high quality electronic graphical media and imagery to support all Customer Service Departments and also other departments, for future and existing programmes.
- Ensure your work is performed in accordance with documented departmental processes.
- Be proactive in looking for continuous improvement of any process (and supporting documentation, standards etc).
- Conduct reviews of processes and procedures as directed by the Manager.
- Establish an understanding of business activities, challenges, and objectives.
- Provide time allocations for tasks / projects; complete all tasks to an agreed cost, quality standard and schedule.
- Maintain and build a sound working relationship with the manager, team, customers and suppliers for the provision and support of multimedia applications and products.
- Position all media / data produced / collected in their appropriate folder / database, so they are easily shared with other members of the team.
An ideal Technical Illustrator will have the following key skills and qualifications:
- Educated to at least HND level, or equivalent, in Illustration, Graphics Design or a similar subject. You will have a proven track record of working within a multimedia / illustration environment.
- An understanding of LSA, publications production and spares provisioning or a sound understanding of the Systems Approach to Training (SAT) and modern training systems, including Training Needs Analysis and course design as relevant to the contract.
- An in-depth knowledge of 2D software packages (mainly IsoDraw) and the artistic ability to use them to produce professional quality images for training, maintenance, promotional and presentation purposes
- Skill and experience to interpret engineering drawings and develop them into visual images. Possess the artistic ability to develop a brief draft or concept into a professional standard image.
- Keyboard skills, a working knowledge of computers and computer system applications are essential, as well as excellent interpersonal and written communication skills, the ability to make sound technical assessments / judgements based on knowledge and experience, self-motivated and able to work as part of an integrated team.
In return for this you will receive a competitive salary.
For an opportunity to join this expanding company please submit your CV online.
GPSTL is a wholly owned subsidiary of GP Strategies Corporation. GP Strategies trades on the New York Stock Exchange as GPX. Founded in 1966, with a world-wide staff of 1700 professionals, GP Strategies is one of the largest consultancy and training providers in the world and has provided training support in over 70 countries. GP Strategies has been trading in the UK since 1997, and its UK acquisitions have been trading since 1972. Our core business is training and development.
It is the policy of GPSL that all eligible persons shall have an equal opportunity for employment on the basis of merit.
recruitx ref: 52812041 / INDHP