Business Development Manager
Our client has identified an opportunity for an experienced Business Development Manager who is looking for a new challenge to join an engineering consultancy based in London. If you possess true business acumen and are highly results driven this could be the ideal role for you.
The BDM is responsible for improving the market position, increasing revenue and delivering profitability in line with strategic objectives. This involves: building key client relationships, identifying and presenting to prospective clients, negotiating new business, maintaining market knowledge and ensuring client satisfaction.
Undertaking the role as Business Development Manager your remit will include:
- Prospect and generate interest from new clients using appropriate methods i.e. qualified cold calling, networking and advertising
- Meet potential new clients to introduce them to the company’s capability
- Arrange meetings between client decision makers and Regional Directors as appropriate e.g. at point of presenting bid proposals
- Plan and develop presentations and proposals in line with client needs
- Contribute to the development and tone of marketing collateral
- Participate in the pricing of proposals and lead the preparation and delivery of bids / tenders
- Negotiate new business deals
- Present new services to clients
- Work with technical teams to ensure client expectations are being met
- Arrange and participate in project debriefs
Market Knowledge & Planning
- Attend industry events / conferences and provide market insight and feedback
- Consult with Regional Directors on new service development
- Develop service offering / proposition to differentiate from competitors
Research & Management
- Develop CRM processes and initiatives for effective lead generation and client management
- Gather and analyse client feedback to improve service delivery
- Ensure that PQQ/tender documents are completed in a timely manner
- Understand internal technical capabilities in order to maximise project success
- Provide regular progress reports to the Regional Director for presentation to the Management Board
- Work closely with the Business Support Manager to ensure compliance with internal procedures
Who are we looking for?
To be successful in this role you will have a proven track record in business development and a good knowledge of sales and marketing principles. You will have a degree in Business or a relevant sector and be results driven with a strong ability to close sales deals. Additionally, you’ll have excellent communication and interpersonal skills and the ability to quickly win the confidence of your colleagues and clients with good listening and influencing skills, additionally:
- Ability to work independently and to work /motivate collaboratively across functions
- Good listener and influencer
- Researcher and analytical in approach
Standards of Performance
- Ability to quickly win confidence of colleagues and clients
- Efficiency and effectiveness in organisation and execution of work
- Results orientated working
Our client is an engineering consultancy founded in 2004. They have four offices in the UK and specialise in Structural, Civil and Geo-environmental engineering. They provide engineering advice, design and support across a range of sectors and clients. The company has ambitious growth targets for the next 5 years and requires excellent support across the offices to help achieve them.
How to apply
If you wish to be considered for this Business Development Manager role click ‘apply’. You will receive an email shortly after your application - you will need to read and respond to this to complete your application.
You must be eligible to work in the UK.
Suitable skills/experience: Business Development Manager, Sales, BDM, Account Manager, Sales Manager,
Apply for Business Development Manager
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly