Play/Youth Leader(12 months contract)
JOIN THE CHALLENGERS TEAM AT OUT BRAND NEW SCHEME FOR DISABLED CHILDREN AND YOUNG PEOPLE IN CHICHESTER
Challengers provides Play and Leisure services to over 1,400 disabled children and young people; we have 27 schemes across Surrey, Hampshire, Berkshire and now West Sussex! This number is growing!
Play/Youth Leader Package
* Part-Time | 14 hours p/w | £11.67/hour
* 12 Month Contract
* Location: Chichester
* Hours: 7 hours on a Saturday and 7 flexible hours during the week to develop the scheme and carry out administrative tasks (extra hours may be available during school holidays)
* Regular FREE training provided, Free Parking and Free DBS
We are looking for energetic and enthusiastic Play and Youth Leader at our brand new Challengers Chichester scheme. Our schemes provide fun play, leisure and sport activities for disabled children and young people with a wide range of impairments. Your role as Play/Youth Leader will be;
1. Activities & Environment: The Leader is responsible for planning and inspiring fun and creative activities that excite and 'wow' children. It is also the Play/Youth Leaders responsibility to provide and maintain a physical environment that is cared for, respected and valued by children, staff and visited.
2. Staff: To support the team of staff and be responsible for the day-to-day supervision and oversight of staff at Challengers.
3. Children: Support a staff team to provide a supportive environment where children feel confident, happy and able to challenge themselves.
4. Develop networks and contacts in the Chichester area so that the scheme is busy, grows and always ready to respond to the need of local disabled children and their families.
You will be supported by an assigned Project Officer and the Challengers Operations Team based in Guildford.
* Have a full and relevant qualification in Early Years and/or Youth Work qualification
* Have the skills necessary to motivate, encourage, organise, lead and supervise the staff team in a professional manner in an informal working environment
* Communicate and work with children, families and professionals effectively with enthusiasm and confidence
* Experience of leadership in a play or youth setting is desirable
* Ability to perform basic administrative tasks
* Commitment to the development of high quality play opportunities for disabled children
* A practical appreciation of the barriers to inclusion that disabled children and their families experience
* An understanding of the importance of all children's need to play
* Demonstrate a physical and emotional capacity for the enthusiasm and energy that children require of their playmates
* Be prepared to attend training and learn new skills
* The ability to drive a Challengers vehicle/minibus
This job will start in December, please click Apply
Closing date 3rd Novemebr 2016.
Apply for Play/Youth Leader(12 months contract)
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly