Linux Systems Administrator / AWS / Linux Administrator
Job Title: Linux / AWS Systems Administrator
Start Date: Immediate
The company is a highly experienced Drupal development agency in Derby looking to add an experienced Linux server administrator to their team, ideally with Amazon Web Services (AWS) knowledge. The company is known throughout the UK for building top quality Drupal sites whilst also helping organisations get the most out of the web.
Trading since 2005, the company based in central Derby in a friendly, modern office in a converted old mill (with free on-site parking). The company develop and support websites and systems in Drupal for a wide range of clients including large brands, international charities, local authorities and small businesses. The company's clients include The Ramblers, EducationCity.com, Macmillan Cancer Support and Synergy Health.
Hosting is now a core part of the company's offering and they're looking to strengthen their team with a server administrator who is experienced in setting up and maintaining server environments in Amazon Web Services (AWS) as well as managing traditional Linux systems and environments.
The successful candidate will be responsible for the support of all AWS and Linux platforms and associated technologies for internal and external customers. You will take the lead within the business in proactively ensuring best practice and processes are maintained and improved upon and take ownership of the hosting infrastructure as a whole. You will take responsibility for the continuous performance and security of the platforms and provide consistent support of systems.
Core skills required:
- Excellent knowledge of mission-critical Linux systems and common packages such as Apache, MySQL and PHP.
- Experience of working with Amazon Web Services (including EC2, VPC, Route53, S3, CloudFront, RDS)
- Strong awareness of server security with a view to ensuring best practice across all the client's hosting environments
- Bash or Python scripting
You'll ideally also have experience of:
- Source control configuration and use
- Good technical knowledge of DNS, Email, FTP and Web-servers and general system administration
- Windows internal networks and OS
- Knowledge of Drupal-related server tools/systems such as Drush and Aegir
- You'll be someone who is passionate about new ideas and a quick problem solver.
- The successful candidate will be capable of working on their own when appropriate, displaying a positive, can-do attitude and an aptitude for problem solving.
- Due to the nature of this position, some out-of-office-hours working may be required.
- This is an excellent opportunity for someone with a strong work ethic looking to work for an exciting agency that is making great strides in the development industry.
- In return, expect to work with a highly talented and friendly team in a relaxed atmosphere and the opportunity to develop your skill set to an extremely high level.
- You will receive a competitive salary based on your experience along with 20 days paid holiday (plus bank holidays) per year.
- The company also offer a workplace pension, free on-site parking and various other staff benefits.
Please click the APPLY button to send your CV and Cover Letter for this role.
Candidates with the experience or relevant job titles of; Junior Linux Systems Administrator, Systems Developer, Systems Support, Software Support, LAMP Stack, MySQL, Splunk, Nagios, Python Administrator, Systems Administrator, Junior Systems Administrator, Junior Systems Support, Business Systems Administrator may also be considered for this role.