Trainee Electrical Wireman
Over the past five years our client has been in the forefront of design for specialist power management systems used in both the Military and Law Enforcement Agencies.
Battery technology is growing faster than ever before and with it comes the need for more sophisticated management systems, and with this in sight, our client (with its large portfolio of successful projects) has decided to specialise in power related subjects.
Due to constant growth within the company, our client is looking to take on a Trainee Electrical Wireman coming from basic electrical background and advance them to the level of an Electronics Technician.
As a trainee you will be expected to at least have the ability to:
- Be computer literate.
- Numerate and literate.
- A good command of the English language is important.
- Readiness to communicate with people in-house.
- Careful and thorough attitude.
- A good work ethic is most important.
- Ability to prioritise.
- Basic soldering skills
Full training to IPC standard will be given to achieve the skill sets detailed below:
- Working with standard single function designs, and usually from a drawing or schedule or process instruction.
- Fully conversant with all types of hand and crimp tools as required to complete the given task
- Competent in the assembly of Loom and or Cable builds, and simple panel wiring assemblies to a satisfactory and repeatable standard.
- Competent in the identification of Cable and wire types, knowledge of gauge wire and different types of component usage.
- Able to work with both single and multi-core cable assemblies.
- Understanding of the Quality requirements of the business.
- Competent with the usage of all departmental documentation.
- Flexibility to adjust and take on unfamiliar assemblies with the guidance of the Cell/ Team leader or Supervisor.
- Flexibility to perform the majority of standard tasks at the request of the Line Manager