Randstad Education is currently recruiting for an experienced classroom supervisor for a secondary school in the Manchester area. We need somebody who can work part time (3 days) starting ASAP until Easter 2017. You will need to have knowledge of the KS3 and KS4 curriculum and have good behaviour management.
Working as a classroom supervisor can be extremely rewarding but also very demanding. There is a high level of responsibility; however, there is always a teacher close at hand if needed.
The role of a Classroom Supervisor includes:
- Undertaking whole class supervision in the absence of the class teacher, work will already of been prepared by the teacher
- Developing curricular knowledge as required by the school
- Applying the school's behaviour management policy and report any difficulties to the class teacher/head teacher
- Setting homework previously prepared by the teacher
- Administering (and marking) class tests
- Supervising the work of the Teaching Assistant
- Abiding by and work towards all the policies within the school e.g. Behaviour Management, Health & Safety, Equal Opportunities
- Carrying out the above duties in accordance with the Children's Services Department's Equal Opportunities Policy.
We are fully committed to the protection of children. All applicants must undertake a full Enhanced DBS Disclosure.
All applicants must be able to provide references relating to a childcare setting.
If you feel this role is suitable, please send your CV today!
Apply for Classroom Supervisor
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly